The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Meet and Greet Service for International Students arriving at London Heathrow airport

Finding my way to Oxford from Heathrow airport was the thing I was most worried about arriving for the first time and luckily the Oxford Brookes Meet and Greet service was available from the moment I exited the arrival gates. It’s impossible to miss two Brookes Helpers standing outside the gates with bright green shirts! Once you find them they help guide you through the airport directly to the bus service that comes to Oxford, and once you arrive in Oxford they help take you directly to your accommodation.

If you haven’t booked a flight yet you could consider booking one that arrives while the Meet & Greet service is here to help:

Saturday 16 September 2017 from 0700 to 1800
Sunday 17 September 2017 from 0700 to 1430

Top tip!

When I arrived, I hadn’t brought any cash and had to miss my bus while I went to find a cash point - so if you can, exchange some GBPs before you arrive! This could be useful in avoiding issues with using a card or a lack of currency changing services. A one way bus ticket to Oxford will cost £23. If you will be returning to Heathrow within 3 months then you can buy a period return for £30. Tickets can be bought in advance online, you just have to print out the ticket prior to your arrival.

Lastly, if you have already booked your ticket and it does not coincide with arrivals weekends, don’t worry. It was super reassuring that even if I hadn’t been able to book my flight at a time that worked with the service, I could still direct myself to a bus using the arrival instructions online.

For more information the Brookes International Student Advice Team can be contacted through email at [email protected] or phone at +44 1865 484681.

If you have any more questions about coming to Brookes as an international student don’t hesitate to ask me!
Abigail

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending