The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I get a job at Nando's in Cambridge, poisoning the breasts of chicken the little toffs order as they start their new lives in October...
Reply 61
That's not very imaginative. The university has a central catering system, if you managed to get in there you could guarentee food poisoning almost university wide, rather than a handful of students with a penchant for Mexican food. See, this is the kind of thinking that ensures an offer... :p:
Reply 62
^^^ Haha!!
Indeed lol.
That's not very imaginative. The university has a central catering system, if you managed to get in there you could guarentee food poisoning almost university wide, rather than a handful of students with a penchant for Mexican food. See, this is the kind of thinking that ensures an offer... :p:

Heehee. That post amused me so I'll refrain from mentioning, then, that Nando's is Portuguese. :p:
Reply 65
Bugger, must've been thinking of Chimichangas...
jonboyyork
I get a job at Nando's in Cambridge, poisoning the breasts of chicken the little toffs order as they start their new lives in October...

It's been done. And now I know a bitter rejectee was responsible! Seriously, they closed the place for a month and had *fumigation* curtains up everywhere. :eating:
omg.
Apply Oxford next year
Reply 69
ahhhhhhh

if i got rejected...i don't know...
Reply 70
Inflation
Apply Oxford next year

HAHA!
cry until i died of dehydration :smile:
Reply 72
I'd be worried and seriously contemplate a gap year or something. I'd feel like I disappointed so many people too. ugh. -_-
I'm not going to get rejected so I needn't worry.

(meh, this self-assurance thing/optimism ain't working :s-smilie:)
Reply 74
Can't say I'd particularly care. In fact, it'd make my life a lot easier.
ObaMartins9
I'd go:

'Look Mum, I told you!'

And then get back to planning my life in Bath next October, which is where i WILL BE unless i did awesome on the TSA and Jesus college are tricked into believing that i'm a genius!

Wow, this is the exact same position i'm in. I applied to jesus and if i dont get in, il be at Bath (if i get AAA of course). what course are you applying for?
Reply 76
suicide can be an option.
aboo_jadd
suicide can be an option.

:frown: It ain't worth killin yourself over. There's plenty of time for that once you're there :wink:
somewiseguy
Wow, this is the exact same position i'm in. I applied to jesus and if i dont get in, il be at Bath (if i get AAA of course). what course are you applying for?

Economics . AAB at Bath.. :smile:
Reply 79
I am a mum of someone also waiting for a letter. I had to register to say this to all of you ...

You have done brilliantly to put yourself out on a limb and have a go. I admire people who enter a marathon and don't make the finishing line or climb a mountain and don't make the summit. Getting to Cambridge is not the be all and end all - you have all tried to do something that many people are too timid to attempt.

I'm proud of my child and I'm proud of all of you - have a mummy hug!

Latest

Trending

Trending