The Student Room Group

OCR A level coursework/crime exam

Heya anyone else doing the crime exam for OCR on monday 22nd Jan? Argh scary. Anyone got any good websites/revision tips/books???

Anyway question about coursework...where is everyone else with their c/w. We have planned ours and sent off our project briefs and everything has just stopped now....both our fantastic psychology teachers have left (damn them) to go to other schools and we have 2 new teachers. To be honest they dont really know what they are doing yet because its their first year of teaching :s
I just want to check im not falling behind in relation to everybody else.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ooo I'm doing the crime exam for ocr but i don't think mines on monday.

We haven't even finished our coursework. Well we did our draft assignment and handed it in for makring and thats it. Sorry about your teachers leaving. :-(
Reply 2
meera18may
ooo I'm doing the crime exam for ocr but i don't think mines on monday.

We haven't even finished our coursework. Well we did our draft assignment and handed it in for makring and thats it. Sorry about your teachers leaving. :-(

Seems that everyone is doing AQA! yay another OCR person
Yeh crime exam on the following tuesday i think actually, not many people seem to be taking this module in january. must just be our school or something....
Reply 3
lol yeah darn our schools! But good thing we get it over with! Are you finding revising hard? There's so much!
Reply 4
I did crime but there werent many gd websites tbh and i can't remember what i used i jus relyed on my notes. Hv u done the massive A3 poster thing where u choose 4 studies and write the main points: Aim, method, what they did, conclusion etc and on the back it was all about the reliabilty, validity etc. That helped me alot anyway and i just used them as revision.
Reply 5
Yep we've done quite abit of revision. Theres soooo much to learn tho! I highly reccommend a book called Study guide for OCR Psychology: A2 level (available on amazon) its got all the studies in it really clearly laid out
Reply 6
This might seem rather cheeky of me but could you scan or give me any tips on answering section a, part b questions please. (With sugar and cherry on top)
Reply 7
meera18may
This might seem rather cheeky of me but could you scan or give me any tips on answering section a, part b questions please. (With sugar and cherry on top)

yeh sure. cant scan (no scanner) but give me a day to look thru it and ill get back to u :smile:
Reply 8
yay thanks! you are the best!
Reply 9
meera18may
yay thanks! you are the best!

lol aww thanks. What specifically is it you want to know? The Section A b) question is definitely the hardest! It's always so specific! The marks are awarded in the following way though:

When answering the evaluation questions the mark scheme says two things...

For the b) questions on section A (e.g. Evaluate nature theories of criminal behaviour [10]) then they say that you should evaluate at least 3 theories giving 3 points for each (making 9) and you get 1 for presentation (spelling and grammar)

For the b) question on section B (e.g. Evaluate explanations of criminal behaviour[16]) then they say that you should make 4 evaluation points and give examples from two studies (making 12 marks) and you get 4 for presentation.

Hope that's some help!
And just to clarify - the only marks for spelling and presentation are in B(a).

In B(b) the marks are split into 4 sections, each awarded a maximum of 4 marks. These are: issues (range of), evidence (appropriateness of), analysis, structure.
Reply 11
jamiedavies
Hope that helps. J

And just to clarify - the only marks for spelling and presentation are in B(a).

In B(b) the marks are split into 4 sections, each awarded a maximum of 4 marks. These are: issues (range of), evidence (appropriateness of), analysis, structure.

Thanks! What I said above was directly quoted from my teacher (cut and paste from an email). Ill have to inform him he's wrong
Hey Ive got crime exam on tuesday =\ whos worried?
Reply 13
Crazybean999
Hey Ive got crime exam on tuesday =\ whos worried?

meeeeeeeeeee im worried! there's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn:s-smilie:
Reply 14
Anyone know any good websites with stuff on the crime paper?, also what would you think the best topic for question b to be on, i think its explanations for criminal behaviour, theres so much stuff you can put in!
Reply 15
Jrizzle1
Anyone know any good websites with stuff on the crime paper?, also what would you think the best topic for question b to be on, i think its explanations for criminal behaviour, theres so much stuff you can put in!

Definitelllly explanation of criminal behaviour for question B or maybe criminal thinking patterns. It's possible it will come up cause it didnt last year I don't thinkkkkk.

The only remotely useful websites I've found:
http://www.holah.net/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gary.sturt/crime/crime%20calender.htm
Thank you SO much!
omg what did u guys think?? i was okay in it

i did police and policing for Q1

and

crime victim interaction for 2 =]

what bout u guys
Reply 18
Crazybean999
omg what did u guys think?? i was okay in it

i did police and policing for Q1

and

crime victim interaction for 2 =]

what bout u guys

I did exactly the same :smile: and loved the questions. The validity one was abit meh :s-smilie: but apart from that I remembered the studies pretty much word perfect from my notes :smile:
Smem
I did exactly the same :smile: and loved the questions. The validity one was abit meh :s-smilie: but apart from that I remembered the studies pretty much word perfect from my notes :smile:

saaame i was pretty pleased !

what did u write about for the validity question??

Latest

Trending

Trending