The Student Room Group

TV/Film Production Courses – A Guide

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
Unfortunately I think you've got your timing a bit wrong. The most active threads at the moment are in the Study Help area as students are preparing for or taking part in exams. It's not really fair or appropriate to push masterclasses on them at this point when their focus should be mainly elsewhere.

I know that's probably not the answer you want. There might be people looking for these sorts of things but they usually start threads asking about summer schools rather than residential masterclasses (and they're likely to struggle to get time off school to go to a midweek residential that takes place during term time) but if you search for recent threads with summer school in the title asking for recommendations you might find someone.

I'll pass the feedback on to the folks who are organising the masterclasses, thanks @PQ :biggrin: Your help is appreciated as always :borat:

-Ashley
Hey, guys, I got offers from Portsmouth /Media and communication MA/, Bournemouth /Scriptwriting MA/ and De Montfort /International film production MA/ and I am really confused about which one to choose. Some advise? :smile:
Original post by VASSETO1908
Hey, guys, I got offers from Portsmouth /Media and communication MA/, Bournemouth /Scriptwriting MA/ and De Montfort /International film production MA/ and I am really confused about which one to choose. Some advise? :smile:

Hey, apologies for the delay in replying! We've been away but we're back now! I don't know much about the different courses but can help to answer questions about Bournemouth and the uni. Did you decide which course? May I ask why you chose the different courses at each uni and why each of them appealed to you?

Vicki
This is a really useful thread, it's definitely a good idea to give some consideration to the career you would like to end up in before embarking on a course.

Here are some useful tips for a career in the factual television industry from a producer/director called Winston Gallagher, who has worked with David Attenborough: https://www.sae.edu/gbr/sae-hosts-masterclass-factual-television-producer-winston-gallagher

If you're interested in learning more about Digital Film Production courses at SAE, visit this page: https://www.sae.edu/gbr/babsc-hons-digital-film-production
Reply 684
HI This thread is very old and the original post detailing the courses available is now very dated with many of the courses no longer in existence. How can we update this post to be more relevant to people interested in applying for TV or Film or Media Production today? I am not sure if an

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending