The Student Room Group

what are some of the biggest events that have happened in the past 12 months?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drummer001
I need some help to think of some of the biggest events both internationally and nationally
So far I've got:
Brexit
BoE raising interest rates
Trump and Kim Jong Un
Manchester Bombings

I need some help to think of some more headlines.

Hollywood Sex Scandal
Original post by Mikasadoge
No, people with more money would have just died, and also it too would stop being in the news after sometime.

The final death toll, what happened to all the displaced families, when will the tower be demolished and what will be rebuilt in its place, the impact on the local community... All these things have not really been reported much on when really they should have been.
Personally I am interested to know how the story continues but I feel as though the story is not easy to tell because the victims are not relatable to most people. I’m not moaning about discrimination as much as pointing out the treatment Grenfell shows we all find it harder to empathise and sympathise with those who are different to us and that this is sad.
Original post by oliviaminor
Kem and Amber broke up :frown:

Ikr!!! But I reckon it's a publicity stunt...!! It was only a week before that the OK was being sold with them saying things like "we'll be together for a very long time"...
Original post by TheTree0fDeath
The final death toll, what happened to all the displaced families, when will the tower be demolished and what will be rebuilt in its place, the impact on the local community... All these things have not really been reported much on when really they should have been.
Personally I am interested to know how the story continues but I feel as though the story is not easy to tell because the victims are not relatable to most people. I’m not moaning about discrimination as much as pointing out the treatment Grenfell shows we all find it harder to empathise and sympathise with those who are different to us and that this is sad.

Would've thought most of us would sympathise with them more since most of us aren't rich. If you type in "Grenfell" on google there are literally so many articles, even just this month. So, a lot of the troubles of Grenfell victims and follow ups to the tragedy are being reported on. Just because you haven't seen it in the news doesn't mean it isn't there.
First far right politicians in German Parliament in half a century, the standout of the general rise of nationalistic populism.
Catalonia and the rise of European decentralization.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending