The Student Room Group

Israeli Military Thugs Brutalise Palestinian Child and Protestors

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matwillis
Because the actions of a government are not necassarily the actions of the people and it is those people that are the state in this case Israel. Also, i was more mocking the poster for being a supporter of the Respect Party but being disrespectful. Although that being said the Respect Party has a history of party members being anti-semitic even George Galloway has a history of it and he's the party leader.

The people voted in the govt based on their policies. Therefore the people voted for the oppression.
Original post by adamantacademic
So stealing someone's country and murdering its children is respectful?

Did I say that? No. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth. You called them filthy a derogative word which most would consider disrespectful. 1ppi4p.jpg
More disturbing footage emerging from Palestine as Israeli soldiers drag a young Palestinian man through the streets of Hebron, repeatedly kicking, slapping, and manhandling him (source: B'Tselem).

[video="youtube;ilqdgUKG3Fc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilqdgUKG3Fc[/video]
Original post by Palmyra
Following Donald Trump's move to break from decades of US policy and international consensus and unilaterally recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital (contrary to the 1947 UN Partition Plan and destroying any hopes for a two state solution), the Israeli military have been forcefully breaking up protests and brutalising protestors.

One example of this is at least a dozen armed Israeli military thugs blindfolding and detaining a Palestinian child (photo below).

More footage from Palestine going viral shows an Israeli solider brutally arresting a Palestinian child with down sydrome (photo).

Other footage shows dozens of armed Israeli soldiers forcefully descend of lone female protestors to violently take Palestinian flags from them.

There have also been incidents documented of Israeli soldiers looting produce from Palestinian shops (acknowledged on the IDF Twitter account).

Why are these protesters protesting at Trumper? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pretty Flako
The people voted in the govt based on their policies. Therefore the people voted for the oppression.

Netenyahu won with only 23.40% of the total vote, now is that the people wanting to bomb the West bank or is it the 23.40% that voted for him. Honestly, it's like saying despite the million man march Britain still voted to invade Iraq.
Reply 25
Because the actions of a government are not necassarily the actions of the people and it is those people that are the state in this case Israel. r.

Lets be fair here, its policy is widely supported within the country and indeed egged on by their hard right government and its sycophantic supporters. Also its a fair bet almost every single settler in the West Bank is worthy of rightious condemnation for their appalling savagery.
Did I say that? No. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth. You called them filthy a derogative word which most would consider disrespectful. 1ppi4p.jpg

I would consider it an insult to the likes of Abdul-Rahman Barghouthi, an 18 month old baby who was murdered by this occupation, if you refer to Israel as anything less than filthy. Israel is the epitome of moral evil and modern satanism.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Why are these protesters protesting at Trumper? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Put a ****ing t shirt on you silly ****
Netenyahu won with only 23.40% of the total vote, now is that the people wanting to bomb the West bank or is it the 23.40% that voted for him. Honestly, it's like saying despite the million man march Britain still voted to invade Iraq.

You're a retard if you think apartheid is not popular there

A Peace Index poll from December 2016 found that over 62% of Israeli Jews supported continuing to build new (illegal) settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (source).
Original post by Napp
Lets be fair here, its policy is widely supported within the country and indeed egged on by their hard right government and its sycophantic supporters. Also its a fair bet almost every single settler in the West Bank is worthy of rightious condemnation for their appalling savagery.

I think they are more split that you think. Yes, there is support but not by much. http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/israeli-opinion-on-settlements-and-outposts-2009-present

As for the settlers, i'm put more blame on the water and electric companies than the people who just want to move homes.
Original post by Pretty Flako
You're a retard if you think apartheid is not popular there

When did i say apartheid didn't receive support?
Reply 32
I think they are more split that you think. Yes, there is support but not by much. http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/israeli-opinion-on-settlements-and-outposts-2009-present

As for the settlers, i'm put more blame on the water and electric companies than the people who just want to move homes.

You're going to have to humour me as how these 'people who just want to move home' share less blame than the utilities companies when they go around bulldozing the locals houses, lynching the Palestinians there and generally behaving in a manner which puts Uday Hussein to shame. It is not the electric company who proclaims a divine right to expel and slaughter the Palestinians. It is not the water company who hurl bricks at farmers and beat local children to a bloody mess.
I would consider it an insult to the likes of Abdul-Rahman Barghouthi, an 18 month old baby who was murdered by this occupation, if you refer to Israel as anything less than filthy. Israel is the epitome of moral evil and modern satanism.

Please let's not make this a who's more moral argument because you brought up the dead baby. Israeli's can bring up the 3 kidnapped and murdered teenagers by Hamas in 2014, 2 of them only 16 the latter being 19.

It is a very difficult situation with blood and atrocities being carried out on both sides.
Please let's not make this a who's more moral argument because you brought up the dead baby. Israeli's can bring up the 3 kidnapped and murdered teenagers by Hamas in 2014, 2 of them only 16 the latter being 19.

It is a very difficult situation with blood and atrocities being carried out on both sides.

I'm not going to deny there aren't bad people from Palestine in fact no one ever has. The fact is the land belongs to the Palestinians, they have the right to protect/reclaim it.
Original post by Napp
You're going to have to humour me as how these 'people who just want to move home' share less blame than the utilities companies when they go around bulldozing the locals houses, lynching the Palestinians there and generally behaving in a manner which puts Uday Hussein to shame. It is not the electric company who proclaims a divine right to expel and slaughter the Palestinians. It is not the water company who hurl bricks at farmers and beat local children to a bloody mess.

Why would i humour you about such a serious topic. I believe that these people did not leave these homes with the sole intention of being the colonising conqueror but people who wanted to move away for various reasons. Some of course to cause trouble but others just wanted to make a new life for themselves. I am not saying that they are without blame, just that they are humans as well. https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Making-a-difference/2013/1004/A-rabbi-and-a-Palestinian-farmer-are-neighbors-partners-and-friends
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israeli-settler-west-bank-palestine-jewish-holiday-efrat-a7373551.html

Just to pick some examples that were picked up in the papers.
I'm not going to deny there aren't bad people from Palestine in fact no one ever has. The fact is the land belongs to the Palestinians, they have the right to protect/reclaim it.

I agree. Its stolen land- they have all the right to do what they can to make sure they are not robbed off the little that still belongs to them. :pal::pal::pal:

Israel began it by violating the 1967 borders. There has also been more violence on the Israel side.

This isnt a both sides situation, this is Israel being the oppressor and palestine being the victims

Well the Bible says otherwise as does the Torah. The state of Israel and Judah pre-existed the Palestinean state and Jews argue that Palestineans are only the descendants of colonisers after the Islamic caliphates (Rahidun, Fatimid, Umayyad etc) as well as the Ottoman Empire and that they are only reclaiming their lost lands. So they woud say in fact in belongs to Jews as bestowed to them God and they have the right to protect/maintain it.

Hence why this is such a big issue.
That's not a very respectful thing to say.

But it's factual. Facts over feelings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending