The Student Room Group

Israeli Military Thugs Brutalise Palestinian Child and Protestors

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by matwillis
Why would i humour you about such a serious topic. I believe that these people did not leave these homes with the sole intention of being the colonising conqueror but people who wanted to move away for various reasons. Some of course to cause trouble but others just wanted to make a new life for themselves. I am not saying that they are without blame, just that they are humans as well. https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Making-a-difference/2013/1004/A-rabbi-and-a-Palestinian-farmer-are-neighbors-partners-and-friends
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israeli-settler-west-bank-palestine-jewish-holiday-efrat-a7373551.html

Just to pick some examples that were picked up in the papers.

You do know to 'humour someone' doesn't mean tell them a joke right?
All of them might not but a significant proportion of them do.
They may well be but their actions are either explicitly evil or simply benefitting from it which is hardly any better.
Original post by Pretty Flako
Israel began it by violating the 1967 borders. There has also been more violence on the Israel side.

This isnt a both sides situation, this is Israel being the oppressor and palestine being the victims

It isn't helped when Palestine time and time again refuses to negotiate or compromise a little with Israel.

www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=7&x_issue=83&x_article=2116
Original post by Chaz254
But it's factual. Facts over feelings.

What? The fact is that what the poster said wasn't respectful. The feelings are the words they used to describe Israel. That is an opinion, opinions due to equal facts simply because you also agree with that opinion.
It isn't helped when Palestine time and time again refuses to negotiate or compromise a little with Israel.

www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=7&x_issue=83&x_article=2116

This will be solved if Israel does everything legally and reverts to the 1967 borders. The "compromise" with Israel and the vermin IDF requires Palestine to accept illegal settlement of their land. Imagine I broke into your house, lived in it and then said I want the living room. It's the same thing.

Now im not going to waste my time with an israeli sympathiser because you dont have an argument. Goodbye.
Well the Bible says otherwise as does the Torah. The state of Israel and Judah pre-existed the Palestinean state and Jews argue that Palestineans are only the descendants of colonisers after the Islamic caliphates (Rahidun, Fatimid, Umayyad etc) as well as the Ottoman Empire and that they are only reclaiming their lost lands. So they woud say in fact in belongs to Jews as bestowed to them God and they have the right to protect/maintain it.

Hence why this is such a big issue.

So despite the fact a civilisation has been living there for centuries, the Jews can return whenever they want with a 3000 year old book being their mandate (Even though it isn't, as Orthodox Jews denounce Zionism and believe the Bible says Jewish State is prohibited until arrival of the Messiah) and disregard every international law, by occupying an existing state?
Original post by Napp
You do know to 'humour someone' doesn't mean tell them a joke right?
All of them might not but a significant proportion of them do.
They may well be but their actions are either explicitly evil or simply benefitting from it which is hardly any better.

I do, but i needed to link something to my point and well taddah.

That's probably right, it's a hostile environment for both sides so you'd only expect for them to hate each other equally.

Benefitting from a situation is completely different frombeing explicitly evil. Benefitting can be as simple as having a bigger garden or a bigger room than they used to have because there is more room. That is different from taking pleasure in curb stomping a toddler or throwing bricks into people's windows.
Original post by adamantacademic
So despite the fact a civilisation has been living there for centuries, the Jews can return whenever they want with a 3000 year old book being their mandate (Even though it isn't, as Orthodox Jews denounce Zionism and believe the Bible says Jewish State is prohibited until arrival of the Messiah) and disregard every international law, by occupying an existing state?

Yes, exactly.
Yes, exactly.

Ok you've affirmed that Israel is an illegal state at least, we're getting there
Original post by Pretty Flako
This will be solved if Israel does everything legally and reverts to the 1967 borders. The "compromise" with Israel and the vermin IDF requires Palestine to accept illegal settlement of their land. Imagine I broke into your house, lived in it and then said I want the living room. It's the same thing.

Now im not going to waste my time with an israeli sympathiser because you dont have an argument. Goodbye.

I don't believe you do me justice, i sympathise for all parties. Israeli's and Palestineans and only advocate for a peaceful solution that both parties can be happy with. Also, i never started this debate with an argument. People like yourself took issue with me mocking a Respect Party supporter and i've just been responding to questions and statements about Israel and Palestine. You and others added fuel to a lit match and created this "debate". Goodbye, it was a nice chat.
Original post by adamantacademic
Ok you've affirmed that Israel is an illegal state at least, we're getting there

I never said it wasn't, it seems everyone's made an assumption that i whole heartedly support Israel. I support neither party but sympathise with all. I still don't think that there is anything wrong with that.
Reply 50
The Israeli government and army are disgusting to say the very least.
Define "compromise"? Israel have rejected very generous offers from the Palestinians and will never accept a peace deal because they don't believe it is in their interests to do so.

It is Bibi that has proudly proclaimed that there will be no two state solution under his watch, as he invites and acquiesces to the religious extremists in his coalition.

You cannot negotiate over how to share a pizza when one side is eating the pizza.

You can ask John Kerry who was responsible for the most recent breakdown in negotiations between the Israelis and the Palestinians.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Palmyra
Define "compromise"? Israel have rejected very generous offers from the Palestinians and will never accept a peace deal because they don't believe it is in their interests to do so.

It is Bibi that has proudly proclaimed that there will be no two state solution under his watch, as he invites and acquiesces to the religious extremists in his coalition.

You cannot negotiate over how to share a pizza when one side is eating the pizza.

I would define compromise as a settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions.

Both sides need to give concessions or settle their differences and both sides have struggled with that.
you can't nakbah al aqsa :cool:
I would define compromise as a settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions.

But the Palestinians have not refused to compromise at all and it is widely known that Israel is the one that has rejected the possibility of any diplomatic resolution to the conflict (i.e. by Bibi saying there will be no Palestinian state and previously by making insulting 'offers').
:frown:
I never said it wasn't, it seems everyone's made an assumption that i whole heartedly support Israel. I support neither party but sympathise with all. I still don't think that there is anything wrong with that.

For me it's clear, taking someone's home for 5 centuries based on a secular interpretation of a corrupted book is a no go!
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
you can't nakbah al aqsa :cool:

How do you feel about a one state solution?
Original post by Palmyra
How do you feel about a one state solution?

It's what a lot of the Arabs always wanted
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
It's what a lot of the Arabs always wanted

Actually, the latest credible polls show that a large majority of Palestinians oppose a one state solution (67%-31%) and a (slender) majority of both Israelis and Palestinians support a two state solution (53% for the Israelis and 52% for the Palestinians).

Do you think Bibi expressly opposing a two state solution renders a one state solution inevitable? It seems pretty odd considering Bibi and his ilk emphasise the necessity of Israel remaining a Jewish state and being clear proponents of the Jewish ethno-state, yet take positions that endanger this position in the long term.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending