The Student Room Group

My girlfriend has a close guy friend, and i don't really like it.

My girlfriend of 4 months has a really close guy friend (almost best friend) who she has known a lot longer than me. She has opened up that they did once like each other more than friends, and that he was going to come down so they can "hook up" and stuff (He lives about 1 hour away). But ever since I've came into her life she says that she has no feelings towards him anymore, but i doubt that is true. She always talks to him online ect.. and i just don't like the thought of it? What can i do? I can't just say to stop talking to him since she has known him for around a year.

Scroll to see replies

She clearly has a sidedick
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend of 4 months has a really close guy friend (almost best friend) who she has known a lot longer than me. She has opened up that they did once like each other more than friends, and that he was going to come down so they can "hook up" and stuff (He lives about 1 hour away). But ever since I've came into her life she says that she has no feelings towards him anymore, but i doubt that is true. She always talks to him online ect.. and i just don't like the thought of it? What can i do? I can't just say to stop talking to him since she has known him for around a year.

You can't stop her, but what you can do is make your feelings known and try and work out a compromise. I can understand why an ex-lover would make you feel uncomfortable.
Maybe they are just actually good friends.
Reply 4
Lol this relationship ain't gonna work out.... cut your losses bro
Reply 5
Guys and girls can be just friends, so either you can deal with it or just find someone else who doesn't have a close guy friend.
Reply 6
I disagree in this scenario. This clearly not your ordinary "guy" friend. This is someone she was sexually attracted to, and intended on setting up a hook up arrangement with friend. I think it's entirely normal that he may feel uncomfortable with it.

OP, all I can say is that you need to trust your girlfriend. At the end of the day she has chosen you not him.
Reply 7
Thjs relationship is already weak if you don't trust her with other friends.
Original post by Anonymous

It's perfectly normal for guys and girls to be normal friends, but best friends? Very rare. The guy is normally just trying to get with her.

Talk about how you feel to your girlfriend.
Reply 9
strong chance of getting cucked at some point bro

consider jumping ship.......
This relationship is an L. The only thing you can control is when you receive that L, sorry bro :frown:
either shut up and trust her, or just speak to her about it, let her know it bothers you.
Reply 12
lol, i can relate, i ended up breaking up with my gf cuz she spent too much time with other guys.
TSR seems to collectively have major trust issues.

Original post by Volibear
Christ what is it with this primary school mentality? Boy and girls can be friends people. People who once had feelings for each other, can be friends. It evidently takes a certain level of maturity but it is possible.
most of the time? :erm:
"no feelings towards him" - lie no.1 and counting...
talk to her about it and if you dont trust her then why are you in a
reltionship and if she is cheating on you it dont matter your life dont
revolve around her
This is a great time to ‘pull out’.
Reply 18
I think your summary is fair. Some bits I slightly disagree on which are probably a matter of subjectivity. I don't want to hijack this thread but agree in general that it is difficult to infer anything further based on the info available.
The solution is this. Whenever someone enters a long-term relationship, any friends of the opposite sex they have should become friends of the couple

Latest

Trending

Trending