The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There is no reason that they can’t just be good friends, even if they have a history. However it makes sense that you’re concerned so I think what you need to do is talk to your gf about it in a non-confrontational way and just lay out your worries. If you think they’re irrational or that you’re feeling jealous/threatened, you should tell her that, because otherwise she’ll say “you’re just ____” rather than having a proper conversation about it. You should absolutely not try and stop her talking to him as much but if you are able to discuss your worries you will hopefully feel reassured.
Original post by Salt Queen
Too bad. Maybe if men weren't crap then she wouldn't need a back up option just in case you screw things up. Judging by this thread you definitely will.

Stop with the hate speech. Thanks.
Loyalty in a relationship must be intellectual, emotional as well as physical.
Original post by trapking
Stop with the hate speech. Thanks.

Stop with the over sensitivity and don't ever insult my personal opinion as a way to get approval from other people who still won't like you. I see you. Thanks.
Reply 64
Original post by cosmic angel
The solution is this. Whenever someone enters a long-term relationship, any friends of the opposite sex they have should become friends of the couple

This shii is the best reply on this chat u are right mate
Original post by Anonymous #1
My girlfriend of 4 months has a really close guy friend (almost best friend) who she has known a lot longer than me. She has opened up that they did once like each other more than friends, and that he was going to come down so they can "hook up" and stuff (He lives about 1 hour away). But ever since I've came into her life she says that she has no feelings towards him anymore, but i doubt that is true. She always talks to him online ect.. and i just don't like the thought of it? What can i do? I can't just say to stop talking to him since she has known him for around a year.

Lad. Get out of there. She's had a sexual interest in him before meaning it may still be there. AND if you don't trust the person you're dating then it's already a bad situation. Talk to her or leave her. Either one.

Latest

Trending

Trending