The Student Room Group

How Did Everyone Find PYA4??

As the title suggests; how did it go??

I found it quite alright, the questions are the ones I had prepared for and alreay learnt off by heart. the only bad thing was that my hand ached all the way through and i'm a slow writer so it took me forever to get all my points down. after my hand was moulded into its writing shape and it hurt so bead to stretch it out (:
how did you all find it?

EDiT::
QUESTiONS FROM JANUARY 2008

1. Origins of prejudice

2. Understudied Relationships

3. a) Outline two theories of aggression and b) Evauluate one of these theories

5. Nature of Dreams (Content, Type, Duration)

11. Discuss explanations into development of gender roles/identity

Evolution of mental disorders

Please list your questions as a post and i'll add them to the list
so that other students can use in the future (:

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was ok. Our teacher had got the prediction spot on so luckily what I had revised was on the paper!
Sadly due to the fact I left revision a bit late my answers weren't able to be as detailed as I'd like and I still ran out of time.
I had to write all the way through the exam and just about managed to finish, but I diddnt get to put everything in that I wanted to..

I mixed up one of the names though :frown:
I said Bennet-Levvy did the mashed images for phobias, but it was Oman and Soars, which I realised about 5 seconds after walking out the exam.

Hopefully they wont notice. lol.

My hand hurt like hell afterwards.
yeah it wasnt too bad. apart from they asked for research studies which through me at first but then i worked it out. although my dreams essay was a bit messy.
erm i did dreams, understudies relationships and gender.
the gender essay was fab! :smile:
I did understudied, nature of dreams & evolution of mental disorders. It was easypeasy but I'll probably lose some marks for not mentioning enough research theories.
Brilliant!!!

I predicted 2 / 3 questions correctly so basically did well in the first two. The last question on gender roles/identity was pretty good aswell.

I wrote around 12 and a half pages, so my hand was pretty much in no use by the end of it lol.

Happy days, and hopefully I won't be resiiting, YAYYYY PYA4 is out the way.
GodspeedGehenna
I had to write all the way through the exam and just about managed to finish, but I diddnt get to put everything in that I wanted to..

I mixed up one of the names though :frown:
I said Bennet-Levvy did the mashed images for phobias, but it was Oman and Soars, which I realised about 5 seconds after walking out the exam.

Hopefully they wont notice. lol.

My hand hurt like hell afterwards.

Surely that won't make too much of a difference unless it was a major researcher name?
Before we went into the exam I said that the questions I want are theories of aggression, nature of dreams and gender identity and they were the questions! I couldn't ****ing believe it. The only thing that'll let me down though is the AO2. But I should get a good enough grade. :p:
Well done, bet you're glad its out the way now!

How many pages did you write?
Legend Killer

The researchers name shouldnt be too much of a worry really, I just feel a bit of an idiot because I knew it was wrong as soon as I walked out.

I got onto the 10th page of my booklet deally (but diddnt fill it).
Reply 10
I have an achy, breaky hand after that ordeal. It made me laugh because the invigilators were obviously used to people finishing early and we were all still writing. They thought they'd made some kind of mistake!

Questions weren't so bad - at least they didn't give us a nasty surprise by bringing up a topic from June! I'm so glad its out of the way...I best not have to retake.

No more PYA4! :biggrin:
Legend Killer

I was looking forward to breathing a sigh of relief when I left the exam room but I breathed the sigh of relief early when I saw the questions. :p: I wrote 8 and a bit pages but my writing is pretty small.
Reply 12
i am writing the PYA4 in June and was wondering if you could tell me which questions came up on the january exam. The questions that will be relevant to me are questions 3, 5 and 11.
thanks.
3 was:

a) outline 2 psychological theories of aggression (12 marks)

b) evaluate one of the the theories

11 was:

discuss explanations into development of gender roles/identity
5 was 'Discuss research into the nature of dreams (e.g. content, duration and type of dream)'.
I did PYB4 but i'm glad to hear other people's hands were aching after their exam! Mine started to hurt at 9:10 :frown: I wrote 10 pages :|
Reply 16
i did 2,3 and 5

2 was oook

3 was a friggin' giveaway

5 was hell. i wrote about functions of dreams not the nature of them :s-smilie:

if its lower that a B its a resit!
Reply 17
Oh hell yeah :biggrin: Did questions 1, 2 and 5, and origins of prejudice and nature of dreams are my best subjects, hell yeeeeeeah! Question 2 could have been better, but I think I definitely got a B at least :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Yay!
Reply 18
theyve put the marks for A up now havnt they? It used to be 18 now it's 21 out of 24. So im hoping i do well. I predicted 2 of the qus i got asked. I did 2,3,5.
Reply 19
Rouz
theyve put the marks for A up now havnt they? It used to be 18 now it's 21 out of 24. So im hoping i do well. I predicted 2 of the qus i got asked. I did 2,3,5.

WHAT HAVE THEY OMG!!!! AAAAAAAH!

Latest