The Student Room Group

Has Anyone else attended there Driving Instructors Standards Check?

I've been asked to attend my driving instructor's standards check. I will have a normal lesson but with the senior driving test examiner in the back watching how she teaches. I was wondering if anyone else had been on one of these and what to expect?

She is really good at teaching, by far the best instructor I've had so I'm sure it will go well. But was wondering if anyone else has been through one of these?
I have, as the instructor :smile:

Don't worry about the person in the back - if anything that will help you hopefully as when it comes to your driving test you'll already have experience of someone else watching you drive. However, in this case the examiner is watching your instructor and not you.

It's natural that you will feel nervous - but not as nervous as your instructor! - but don't change what you do. Your instructor has asked you as they feel that you have a good rapport with them and that will help them. Ask questions as you normally would, talk rubbish if you normally would. Don't change anything.

It may feel a little more scripted at the start as there's certain things we have to cover for the examiner's benefit, but after that it should just be a normal lesson.
Reply 2
. tt to he
Original post by EvilShubunkin
I have, as the instructor :smile:

Don't worry about the person in the back - if anything that will help you hopefully as when it comes to your driving test you'll already have experience of someone else watching you drive. However, in this case the examiner is watching your instructor and not you.

It's natural that you will feel nervous - but not as nervous as your instructor! - but don't change what you do. Your instructor has asked you as they feel that you have a good rapport with them and that will help them. Ask questions as you normally would, talk rubbish if you normally would. Don't change anything.

It may feel a little more scripted at the start as there's certain things we have to cover for the examiner's benefit, but after that it should just be a normal lesson.

Thank you, It's great to hear from someone who has been through one of these. I'm normally very talking during lessons so I just hope having someone in the back of the car doesn't turn me into a mute as I can't imagine that would be a good thing. I imagine it may make my lest less daunting in a months time having then been through something similar.
Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending