University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Official Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blessing Solomon
hi how do I apply for a scholarship

Hiya,

This is the page for all scholarship info https://le.ac.uk/study/undergraduates/fees-funding/scholarships-and-discounts

If you click on the scholarship you want, you can see the full eligibility criteria and how to apply.

Jai
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Thanks
Hello! I'm a Canadian post-graduate and I've just accepted admission to the JD track LLB program.

I'm looking to apply to accommodations - I'm hoping to apply somewhere where I'm likely to be around other post-grad Canadian students in the same courses as me - and I've heard that Opal Court is a good choice for that. My question is, when applying online I see that there are two separate options: one for "Opal Court" and one for "Opal Court Block C". Other than being a couple pounds more, I can't find any information on the difference between the two. Is Block C the grad block?

Thank you in advance for any help!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nicole.t
Hello! I'm a Canadian post-graduate and I've just accepted admission to the JD track LLB program.

I'm looking to apply to accommodations - I'm hoping to apply somewhere where I'm likely to be around other post-grad Canadian students in the same courses as me - and I've heard that Opal Court is a good choice for that. My question is, when applying online I see that there are two separate options: one for "Opal Court" and one for "Opal Court Block C". Other than being a couple pounds more, I can't find any information on the difference between the two. Is Block C the grad block?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Correct me if wrong but from everything I've heard its usally freshners at the uni accommodation.

I'm also a Canadian heading for the same program. I ended up getting an accommodation on west walk as most are fully booked now.
Reply 24
When are accommodation allocation offers made?
Reply 25
Do university accommodation halls allow your friends to stay over at night in your room once in a while ?
Reply 26
Would I be guaranteed single gender accommodation?
Picture 1.pdfPicture 1.pdf
I’m advertising a 2 bedroom apartment - (pictures attached as above and below - Suzzane Quarter, Leicester, St Georges Mill, LE5 3GW, £129 per person per week, available to move in from September 1st, 2018 until June 30th, 2019. However, if you would only like to inquire about renting one room then still feel free to message me as Nicholas Humphreys or my roommate and I can deal with finding someone else to occupy the other room. It is a central location in the city centre, around a 10-15 minute walk from both universities. My friend went to DMU, whilst I attend UOL, which is why we picked this place as it was fair on both parties. It is close to the train station and coach station and right around the corner from a Lidl. There is also parking available separately with NCP, at either £643 annually/£177 per quarter (13 weeks) at the Leicester Lee Circle car park (a 5 minute walk from the building) or £896 annually/£247 per quarter at Leicester Rutland centre (a 3 minute walk). I have a space reserved at Rutland in case the website states there are no spaces available, which I can transfer over for free upon request.

The apartment is on the ground floor of the building and is a two floor apartment. The first floor has a large living room and kitchen with a sofa and appliances such as a washing machine, along with a spare toilet. It is a very similar layout to the one shown in the picture. On the downstairs floor there are two ensuite bedrooms of equal size with walk in wardrobes and study desks.

If interested, please bear in mind a £360 deposit is required to secure the apartment a £90 reservation fee and £250 deposit. After payment to myself (as I have paid towards this already) then the contract can be turned over to yourself, which I have a copy of and can provide upon request. Payments can be made monthly at £516pp, or quarterly at 3 payments of £1677 and then one of £1161. There is also summer rent to be paid (inclusive of the 4 payments), which can be negotiated with the property managers as the payments were supposed to be made by June 24th, 2018 therefore if you choose to pay quarterly then £1677 is to be paid in addition to the deposit, with the next instalment due in October. If you choose to pay monthly then £1000 is to be paid. The property manager did inform me that some people like to pay when their student loan arrives and that this can be sorted out, but something would have to be paid towards summer rent leaving room for negotiation once the deposit is paid.

Any further questions please feel free to message me, it’s first come first serve as I need to find a replacement ASAP so even if one person sends me the £360 then I will be giving it to them first, sorry.
Picture 1.pdfPicture 1.pdfPicture 1.pdfPicture 1.pdf
Reply 28
Hi, I was told that I wouldn’t get my accommodation offer until my offer was unconditional. Its been unconditional since Tuesday, any idea when I might know?
I've got my place to study Geography starting in September but I need to apply to accommodation now (because Leicester was my insurance and I couldn't apply before). Every time I look at the selection I keep getting really stressed because I have no idea what to go for. I know I want self-catered but I'm not fussed about shared bathroom or ensuite. I was just wondering if any of the halls had certain reputations for being more social or attracting more friendly and outgoing people??

Also, is there a way I can find out how many people live in each flat for each of the different halls?
Original post by AminaN
Would I be guaranteed single gender accommodation?

Most likely, I applied and selected single gender. Just call before accepting offer to check if they’ve allocated you a single gender room. Worked for me x
Reply 31
Original post by Liam431
Hi Shector.. Physio course at lei ? 2018 entry?

Yess!! Are you going there too? I haven’t heard of anyone else who has accepted
Reply 32
Original post by Shector
Yess!! Are you going there too? I haven’t heard of anyone else who has accepted

Hi, i'm on the physiotherapy course too. Anyone heard anything back yet? cheers
Reply 33
Original post by hi8
Hi, i'm on the physiotherapy course too. Anyone heard anything back yet? cheers

PM’d you
Hi, I have an accomodation offer at Glebe Court but it doesn’t say whether or not I’d be living at a mixed flat, how can I find out?
Original post by maaria_h
Hi, I have an accomodation offer at Glebe Court but it doesn’t say whether or not I’d be living at a mixed flat, how can I find out?

Just call up the accommodations office and ask them. Say u want to be sure before you accept the offer. Also did u select require single gender when applying?
Original post by Zainab_i
Just call up the accommodations office and ask them. Say u want to be sure before you accept the offer. Also did u select require single gender when applying?

I put that I required single gender on my application, do you think its guaranteed?? I'm a muslim gal too my fam are v nervous about me moving out I dont think they could deal with a male in my flat lool (neither could I tbh)
Original post by AnALevelStudent
I put that I required single gender on my application, do you think its guaranteed?? I'm a muslim gal too my fam are v nervous about me moving out I dont think they could deal with a male in my flat lool (neither could I tbh)

Most likely but I understand your worry, where did you apply? Also I would definitely call the office before accepting the offer and ask if the place you’ve been assigned is single gender. They’ll check straight away and if it isn’t request to be moved. Mine was though x
Original post by Zainab_i
Most likely but I understand your worry, where did you apply? Also I would definitely call the office before accepting the offer and ask if the place you’ve been assigned is single gender. They’ll check straight away and if it isn’t request to be moved. Mine was though x

The Pavilions in John Foster Hall wbu!!! X
Hey, I have a room that needs filling in a really nice 5 bedroom house on Welford Road near Clarendon Park - only £85pppw for September 2018 :smile: Please let me know if you're interested xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending