The Student Room Group

My parents wont let me get a part time job

im in college and next year im going to uni. i wanna earn money too so i dont have to rely on my parents. i asked my dad if i could get a part time job and he said no. he said i should focus on my work. what do you think?
As long as you have time for revision and you are focused it’s fine
I had a job and achieved good grades. It's doable.
Reply 3
There’s no such thing as your parents ”not letting” you do something. You do what you want. Your parents are irrelevant.

It boggles me how many university students(!) in this day and age still blindly go with what thier parents think. You’re your own person, it’s time you understood that.
Maybe its time you stop letting your parents control what you do. You're old enough to make your own decisions. It is strange though,most parents would want their kids to have part time jobs at uni. If you're going to uni away from home, then there is literally no one from stopping you from getting job once you're there. If you're staying at home... well the same applies. Why should your parents stop you?
Original post by Sheisun1998
Maybe its time you stop letting your parents control what you do. You're old enough to make your own decisions. It is strange though,most parents would want their kids to have part time jobs at uni. If you're going to uni away from home, then there is literally no one from stopping you from getting job once you're there. If you're staying at home... well the same applies. Why should your parents stop you?

I agree.
Reply 6
Tell them the benefits of getting a part-time job :smile:
"I asked my dad if could"
"he said no"
/thread
Reply 8
Please tell me you're not going to live at home!
And what if they threaten to kick me out if i do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending