The Student Room Group

Balancing art and revision

My art exam is in fewer than 20 days and I am incredibly behind on my exam unit, but I'm finding it really difficult to balance my revision and art work. Whenever I do art, I feel as though I'm neglecting my revision, and whenever I am doing my revision, I feel as though I am neglecting my art. It's doing my head in and I really need to get a move on, but I can't find a balance! Not sure what to do...
Had a friend in a similar situation and she ended up spending more time on art when she was at home and got 1 on 1 tutorials with her teaches during free periods or study periods at college to catch up
- not much help but it could work?
Original post by Avalonia2
My art exam is in fewer than 20 days and I am incredibly behind on my exam unit, but I'm finding it really difficult to balance my revision and art work. Whenever I do art, I feel as though I'm neglecting my revision, and whenever I am doing my revision, I feel as though I am neglecting my art. It's doing my head in and I really need to get a move on, but I can't find a balance! Not sure what to do...

Omg I am in the EXACT same situation. I slacked off soooo much in Year 10 and now am paying the price in Year 11 a few weeks before my exam :frown: However now that it's the Easter holidays I tend to do all of my revision during the day and a try to do a few hours of art each evening, after revision. This works for me because I am a night owl and I tell myself it's better to spend that time in the evening doing art and furthering my coursework. Of course I give myself a break some nights but I try to do this most nights as I do hardly any art during the day :P Hope this helps! Xx
Reply 3
Original post by charlotte100200
Had a friend in a similar situation and she ended up spending more time on art when she was at home and got 1 on 1 tutorials with her teaches during free periods or study periods at college to catch up
- not much help but it could work?

Yeah that's not a bad idea actually, will def use my teachers more hahahaha
Reply 4
Original post by zararoglu
Omg I am in the EXACT same situation. I slacked off soooo much in Year 10 and now am paying the price in Year 11 a few weeks before my exam :frown: However now that it's the Easter holidays I tend to do all of my revision during the day and a try to do a few hours of art each evening, after revision. This works for me because I am a night owl and I tell myself it's better to spend that time in the evening doing art and furthering my coursework. Of course I give myself a break some nights but I try to do this most nights as I do hardly any art during the day :P Hope this helps! Xx

Hahahaha oh dear I feel your pain, and yeah i've started doing that as well and it's much easier. Hope everything goes well with you x

Quick Reply

Latest