The Student Room Group

How do you revise while fasting?

In Shaa Allah my GCSEs is going to follow the days of Ramadan and I was wondering how to revise effectively while fasting
Have some relaxing music on and try to concentrate on the stuff you are trying to learn. Don't do lots of other things beforehand that require lots of energy.
Original post by preparedtowork
In Shaa Allah my GCSEs is going to follow the days of Ramadan and I was wondering how to revise effectively while fasting

After iftar until suhoor if u can manage to stay up
I don’t really know a lot about fasting and ramadan so I’m really sorry if I get anything wrong!

I wouldn’t recommended fasting during your gcses due to your body needing fuel and energy to do your best in exams, however I truly respect that for religious reasons you have to.

My advice would probably be to keep yourself hydrated, make sure you’re getting plenty of sleep and just try to look after your mind and body as best as possible.

Don’t do to much revision - don’t let it stress you out. Revise in 30 minute sessions and have breaks.

Just do whatever you need to do in order to keep yourself happy, stress free and in the best place for your gcses.

Relax and don’t worry :smile:
Original post by preparedtowork

You don’t. :| your brain would not retain memory as effectively as when you are not hungry and not thirsty

I’m not a Muslim but I highly recommend you to drink water in the exam becuase 2% dehydration = 46% brain concerntration lost
I don’t think you should fast during exam season and I’m sure God will understand if you don’t. You can always fast after your exams and make up for the days that you’ve missed.

Quick Reply

Latest