The Student Room Group

How do you revise for GCSE, as there are so many subjects?

Hey,

I am in year 10 and so taking GCSEs next year but I am just trying to start revision notes etc and am already overwhelmed by the amount of informatino we need to learn.
So anyone who has done GCSEs, is doing them now or at some point, how do you suggest keeping on top of everything and also learning everything?
Thanks!
Trust me you have plenty of time. We have 6 weeks left till our exams and most of us have started making notes a week ago. Tbh if you feel like you can't handle last minute pressure then I suggest you start your revision notes during your 6 week holiday or at the start of year 11. This will put you at a great advantage compared to your classmates. If you do 1 or 2 hours a day you'll be able to complete all your notes in a month or 2. After that you don't really need to do much revision unless you have mocks but just go over things you don't understand and do your homework, this will keep you on the right track without the need to worry. By the time you reach the Easter holidays in year 11 then I suggest you spend most of your time revising which will be a piece of cake knowing that you have already done the majority of the work. I also advice you to watch YouTubers such as: Ibz mo, revision with eve, unjadedjade etc... As they have plenty of knowledge to help you in and out of exams.
(edited 6 years ago)
This is a useful website
App.senecalearning.com
I'm in year 10 right now. What I am doing to keep on top of things is to keep reviewing things we have done. I also have bought several workbooks which i find very useful to keep going over as it refreshes my memory on those tpoics. Also do a past paper every now and then for the subjects you are more comfortable in so you get a well rounded revision of it without wasting so much time on it. Then spend more time on the subjects you find more difficult. Hope this helps xx
Mine are in 6 weeks and I started last week haha don't worry about it. Honestly for now all you have to focus on is revision RESOURCES. You will not be able to get all of this information into your brain right now. As you wont have more than two GCSEs per day, and only one most days, the general tactic is to focus all of your attention on your next exam during the exam period by going through your resources over and over again. Try out different methods and switch up the subject you're revising to stay sharp and don't try to memorise everything right now. I make flashcards for small pieces of information and posters/mind-maps for large pieces of information or a number of topics that are linked together in some way. I also make powerpoints for history because I find it's useful to have photographs and cartoons of different events. Good luck and don't stress, you have plenty of time!
Not the UK syllabus but still useful : znotes.org
Reply 6
Original post by sanghya53
I'm in year 10 right now. What I am doing to keep on top of things is to keep reviewing things we have done. I also have bought several workbooks which i find very useful to keep going over as it refreshes my memory on those tpoics. Also do a past paper every now and then for the subjects you are more comfortable in so you get a well rounded revision of it without wasting so much time on it. Then spend more time on the subjects you find more difficult. Hope this helps xx

Thank you so much! I will do that because i dont want to waste time on easier subjects!
Glad i could help xx

Original post by corbettski
Thank you so much! I will do that because i dont want to waste time on easier subjects!

Quick Reply

Latest