The Student Room Group

How will Universities view a Grade 9?

Sorry if I don't explain this clearly. Will universities view a grade 9 as the 'same' as a grade 8? I know it doesn't make that much sense but would those two grades be in the same 'band'? Or will they give preference to people with Grade 9s over those with Grade 8s?
I would love to go into medicine and most people have majority A/A*s from the old spec. Will unis be expecting us to get mostly grade 8/9s or mostly 7/8 and a few people getting 9s?
Sorry if it doesn't make much sense haha. idrk how to explain lol.
Reply 1
universities don’t care about gcses.

all they require is at least 5 gcses grade A*-C (or whatever the equivalent is for the new system)
so as long as you pass, that’s all that matters. other than that, they really don’t care if you get an A* (8) or an A** (9)
Original post by maria.3

all they require is at least 5 gcses grade A*-C (or whatever the equivalent is for the new system)
so as long as you pass, that’s all that matters. other than that, they really don’t care if you get an A* (8) or an A** (9)

Some unis for medicine do
Reply 3
Original post by Bill Nye
Some unis for medicine do

i’m sure they so but they won’t reject someone if they got an A* instead of an A** at gcse. they don’t care THAT much
Original post by maria.3
i’m sure they so but they won’t reject someone if they got an A* instead of an A** at gcse. they don’t care THAT much

Yeah, thats obvious
Original post by maria.3

lse sent me a rejection based on my GCSE's :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by BenMurphy11
lse sent me a rejection based on my GCSE's :frown:

what were you applying for?

if i was rejected based on my gcses i’d probably appeal lol

Quick Reply

Latest