The Student Room Group

revision

How do you revise?

I tried writing notes but I just get bored of it and I never seem to revise them properly because they are really messy and I can never read my own handwriting. All the smart people in my class write notes and lots of people say that you should write notes to revise from. I'm worried that if I don't write "notes" and won't be able to achieve the highest grades.

Do you think I should write notes just in case they might be useful for my GCSEs (I have a year until my GCSE exams)?
Also, do you have any revision tips to keep information in my long-term memory?

Thank you :smile:
My teacher emailed us this for our gcse revision

Mind map ideas - include symbols to help you remember. Create a song/rap about key topics. Use post it notes for keywords and put around your house. Revision FLASH CARDS with questions on and the answers on the back. Read, write and highlight revision booklet/notes. Set a timer on your phone to remind you to revise revise in 30 minute sessions and then have a break. Practice exam papers get a friend to mark it. AUDIOPI listen to the podcasts. GCSE POD watch videos on the topic and make notes. BITESIZE complete the online tests. Teach someone else the topics Mum? Dad? Brother? Sister? Cousin? Nextdoor neighbour? Dog? Cat? Find a quiet space if you can’t listen to concentration music. Visit your local library for peace and quiet. Make a poster with key facts. Key word quizzes Plan d mark questions and learn them Practice the structure of your answers. Bullet point the information. Powerpoint slides as flash cards Form study groups and revise with friends where you test each other. Put flash cards on your wall where you get ready and read them as you go about your normal day. Write a story to help you remember information required for success. Ask someone to test you. Mark each other’s exam questions Work together and SHARE resources

Hope it helps x
Reply 2
Original post by Charl2000
My teacher emailed us this for our gcse revision

Mind map ideas - include symbols to help you remember. Create a song/rap about key topics. Use post it notes for keywords and put around your house. Revision FLASH CARDS with questions on and the answers on the back. Read, write and highlight revision booklet/notes. Set a timer on your phone to remind you to revise revise in 30 minute sessions and then have a break. Practice exam papers get a friend to mark it. AUDIOPI listen to the podcasts. GCSE POD watch videos on the topic and make notes. BITESIZE complete the online tests. Teach someone else the topics Mum? Dad? Brother? Sister? Cousin? Nextdoor neighbour? Dog? Cat? Find a quiet space if you can’t listen to concentration music. Visit your local library for peace and quiet. Make a poster with key facts. Key word quizzes Plan d mark questions and learn them Practice the structure of your answers. Bullet point the information. Powerpoint slides as flash cards Form study groups and revise with friends where you test each other. Put flash cards on your wall where you get ready and read them as you go about your normal day. Write a story to help you remember information required for success. Ask someone to test you. Mark each other’s exam questions Work together and SHARE resources

Hope it helps x

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest