The Student Room Group

GCSE Higher French Speaking Exam

Hi, I’m really confused about the speaking exam. I know I have to pick a theme from 3 separate themes but I don’t know what part of the exam I’m picking a theme for. Is it for the role play, the photo card or part of the general conversation? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you x
I'm pretty sure you don't pick a theme, you just have to learn all three and then the examiner will pick a theme. I think the theme is the same for all apart from general conversation. Idk but that's what I've been told
Depends on exam board but for mine the roleplay and photo card discussion are chosen by examiner.
But for conversation we have been told that one topic is definite and the second conversation will be either one of the two remaining topics.
For us the definite one is holidays and stuff like that, but it is different for each school
Reply 3
The theme is for the general conversation. You pick either 1, 2 or 3. And then once those questions have been asked, the examiner will pick one of the other themes and ask questions on that.
For AQA,
You pick one theme for your general conversation. You then get asked another theme in your general conversation, and the last theme comes up in your photo card. For example, if you pick Theme 3, your teacher will go across the row (on a sheet paper they have) that will say, for example, 2nd theme for General Conversation is Theme 1. This leaves Theme 2 for your photo card.

Role Play is just completely random, and sometimes encompasses 2 or all 3 themes, but they're simple, so it shouldn't matter too much.

Quick Reply

Latest