The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Relevant work experience is always good to put down or any sports/instruments you play but the personal statement is about showing you have a real desire for the course and not simply listing off extra curricular stuff.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Well I think the rason I got an offer from Edinburgh had to be my personal statement... or the admissions officer was drunk, since i got UUUC at AS (mind you I am still predicted AAAB). Remember the major thing of the PS has to be a good structure. Theres a good website on the web I used, its a PS structure planner, showing where you should put what.

Have you got strong extracuricular activities? or did you have? As the highlander said, don't list them, apply them to university life. Eg. In the army cadets I was taught not only to displine myself to achieve my aims, but to manage my time accordingly; which I feel will be invaluable at university. You should do something similar for all you extra-curicular activies, try to apply to something half related to uni or the subject, no saying how in the army cadets you learnt to skin a rabbit with your teeth lol. Also, base a paragraph on what makes you a better candidate than anyone else, like saying, what research you have done ect, partically showing yourself off in academia which you don't learn or do in sixth form.

Look on Edinburgh Wiki, mines mathematics 11, try getting an idea from other PS, but don't copy! Good luck!
Show that you know where you are going with your degree. ie. i study religion and want to be a religious studies teacher. i've shadowed teachers and done some youth leading etc. gone to poland to study holocaust etc. show real interest in your subject.

Latest

Trending

Trending