The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Most of that question could be answered solely on the basis of having watched the news/read the papers for the last 3 years or so; it is less about the specific art itself, more about today's societal response to it. Those who have no clue should simply not try to answer such a question, and choose another one to have a go at!
Critical thinking is just as odd. I got full mark on one paper and a C on the other and got an A overall..
Reply 42
Schokis
Only people who are crap at the General Studies exam bitch about it. It's true though, if you don't know it already, you can't buy a revision guide or anything to learn it. But the question is, why do you not know about the general history, political structure, economy and current affairs of your own country, in the first place? I would go so far as to say that I think the grade one gets for A-level General Studies is the best and most telling measure of their well-roundedness as a person... and not necessarily what one gets in the other chosen subjects.

Right...so i got a U for general studies...what sort of person does that make me?
jenren22
Right...so i got a U for general studies...what sort of person does that make me?

Lol you tell me.
I think too many people take their eye off the ball knowing that resits are possible. You should go into exams as though it's your only shot-- retakes DO drag your other exams down regardless of what people say. It can also be a bit demoralising to study something again that you've already done. It is a compromise.

Anyway, if you've screwed up your AS retake in June. Try your very best to get all that AS stuff out the way this June so next year you are only concentrating on A2 exams. Doing great at AS can mean you have an easy ride next year.
silent ninja
I think too many people take their eye off the ball knowing that resits are possible. You should go into exams as though it's your only shot-- retakes DO drag your other exams down regardless of what people say. It can also be a bit demoralising to study something again that you've already done. It is a compromise.

Anyway, if you've screwed up your AS retake in June. Try your very best to get all that AS stuff out the way this June so next year you are only concentrating on A2 exams. Doing great at AS can mean you have an easy ride next year.

I got AAABC at AS.. I wouldn't say it's an easy ride

Latest