The Student Room Group
Reply 1
rednirt
Is anyone clear on what I would have to do to become an A level teacher of psychology? I've had a look around but there seem to be conflicting ideas as they're changing the system.

I imagine I'd have to do a teacher training course, but how long would that last? And for how many years would experience be necessary before I could qualify?

This site provides some useful info on what you're looking for www.bps.org.uk/careers/careers3.cfm :smile:
Reply 2
Nikki J S
This site provides some useful info on what you're looking for www.bps.org.uk/careers/careers3.cfm :smile:

thanks. I've had a gander at that before, but it doesn't set down a set route. In an issue of The Psychologist from a few months ago they said all the stuff on that site was up in the air cos the government wanted to stick their noses in or something.

Thank you for having a look for me all the same :smile: :smile:
Reply 3
rednirt
thanks. I've had a gander at that before, but it doesn't set down a set route. In an issue of The Psychologist from a few months ago they said all the stuff on that site was up in the air cos the government wanted to stick their noses in or something.

Thank you for having a look for me all the same :smile: :smile:

Would you not do a pyschology degree and then a Bachelor of Education to teach the subject? I'm sure that's what my psychology teacher did :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending