The Student Room Group

(AQA) A Level Law Notes + Study Group 📚💼

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kiki213
Hey, so I finished my A level exams in June, but if anyone needs help with A level Law, whether it be notes, revision methods, names of acts, cases, sample or model answers, feel free to ask here! :smile:

I studied both AS + A2 Law
AS Law was made up of Unit 1 (Law making and the Legal System) and Unit 2 (Concept of Liabililty)
A2 Law was Unit 3 Criminal Law (Offences Against the Person) and Unit 4 Criminal Law (Offences Against Property)

The spec is here

Textbook I used (A2 Law)

Here's some revision websites and Youtube videos I used:
Law Bank
Sixthform Law
A Level Law Doomby
GetRevising
elawresources
elawstudent
Revision World

The Student Room's A level Law notes

I have wayyy more notes and model answers which I'd be willing to upload to a Google Drive folder or post them here, just ask me or PM me if you want them!

How did you revise?
I mainly used past papers and model answers. For remembering cases I used flashcards. For acts I kind of just remembered them I don't know how to explain it, it's a lot easier remembering acts :colondollar:

Best advice to a student considering A level law/studying A level law?
Make notes from the start. Colour code them and organise all your notes into different coloured ringbinders/arch-lever file folders. Make lots of flashcards and test yourself daily, weekly etc. Answer past papers twice a week and ask your teacher to mark them or you can mark them yourself but teachers are better as their feedback is like the examiner's in the real exam. Try to study with a friend who's also studying A level law or even if they're not ask them to ask you cases, acts, etc, or ask your family

If you have any questions please ask me here. Good luck if you're studying A level Law :smile:

Updated Friday 17th August 2018

I received my A level results yesterday and I got ...

Spoiler

I'm so happy and proud of myself! All the hard work paid off and all that stress and worrying was all for nothing!
Work hard, believe in yourself and never give up!
Congratulations to all that are going to uni this year! I wish you the best with your future! :smile:

Hello, I'm in my first month studying an Access to Higher Education course with I believe is using the A-Level material. I'm interested in learning about your studying methods, and your daily/weekly routine. For example, how much time did you allocate to studying.

Thanks,
Reply 21
Hey, sorry I've been offline for so long but I hope you all understand I have been so busy with my first few weeks of uni, freshers week, settling in, getting used to my timetable, walking around etc and the whole change from A levels and college.

Also, as many of you know that studying Law at uni is very difficult and requires a very good memory, analytical skills, essay skills, etc and I need to be focused, especially in my first year (although some people say your first year at uni doesn't count - it does).

I am not the only one who can give you A Level Law (or Business or English Language) notes, essay tips, advice, model answers etc - please ask other users on TSR, your friends, teachers etc - I am not the only person on Earth who can provide you with A/A* grade answers, advice etc.

I am only one person.

Thank you for understanding.

I will upload A level Law notes when I am ready and have free time - at the moment I do not have a lot of free time.

Please be patient and respectful of that.

I hope you all have a great weekend 💖
Hey! I was just wondering if you could post your notes and model essay answers in a folder. Our teacher isnt very good. He clearly doesn't know how to answer exam questions as he reads from the textbook and cannot answer otherwise. I really need to rely on myself, can show me what the essay structure for a paragraph is please and some model answers would help even more 😭! (AQA AS LEVEL)
Hi, I can't seem to find your notes because you said you are going to upload them at Google drive, please can you upload them, I'm really struggling with law AS beacuse there's too much content and I can't summarise them properly please 😭
Original post by EducationIsDope
Hey! I was just wondering if you could post your notes and model essay answers in a folder. Our teacher isnt very good. He clearly doesn't know how to answer exam questions as he reads from the textbook and cannot answer otherwise. I really need to rely on myself, can show me what the essay structure for a paragraph is please and some model answers would help even more 😭! (AQA AS LEVEL)

OMG. i'm so sorry to hear that your teacher isn't very good. why do i keep seeing posts about teacher either disappearing or them being very lousy in teaching? hang in there. there are some GDL students on this forum who've taken it upon themselves to help all of us. they'll appear shortly to assist.

@kiki213
Hi Kiki. you're a fantastic forum member. many simply post rubbish in the form of advice and disappear. their replies often leave many of us high and dry. but you have shared so many fantastic resources with us without giving the usual excuses like 'oh, i can't share with you my marked essays because that would be plagiarism'. I really appreciate your help and I hope you're settling nice and well into uni life.
google drive notes , please ?
Reply 26
Original post by EducationIsDope

Original post by Bellavbelle
Hi, I can't seem to find your notes because you said you are going to upload them at Google drive, please can you upload them, I'm really struggling with law AS beacuse there's too much content and I can't summarise them properly please 😭

Original post by Fayzan_Ali
google drive notes , please ?

please refer to the message I posted above
Hi, I know you must be busy but is there a place that is good for business as I do both subjects? Ignore this until you have time as I know you are only doing this to help and so I am very grateful to you! :smile:
Original post by icygrl
Hey, sorry I've been offline for so long but I hope you all understand I have been so busy with my first few weeks of uni, freshers week, settling in, getting used to my timetable, walking around etc and the whole change from A levels and college.

Also, as many of you know that studying Law at uni is very difficult and requires a very good memory, analytical skills, essay skills, etc and I need to be focused, especially in my first year (although some people say your first year at uni doesn't count - it does).

I am not the only one who can give you A Level Law (or Business or English Language) notes, essay tips, advice, model answers etc - please ask other users on TSR, your friends, teachers etc - I am not the only person on Earth who can provide you with A/A* grade answers, advice etc.

I am only one person.

Thank you for understanding.

I will upload A level Law notes when I am ready and have free time - at the moment I do not have a lot of free time.

Please be patient and respectful of that.

I hope you all have a great weekend 💖
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 31
thank youuu!! Is there anything on contract?

I didn't do contract law at A level sorry! But I can try and find some notes online, is your exam board AQA?💙
Reply 32
Original post by EB12456780
Thank you so much! :smile:

you're welcome bb 💙 if you guys need any more notes let me know
yess
Original post by icygrl
I didn't do contract law at A level sorry! But I can try and find some notes online, is your exam board AQA?💙
Anyone doing human rights?
thank youuu!! Is there anything on contract?
yup
Original post by EB12456780
Anyone doing human rights?
How are you finding it?
Original post by jAYKING01
yup
what is a-level law like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending