The Student Room Group

PN1 Form Help!

Hi, this help is really appreciated! I need help in couple of things!!!

Section 8!
Student Financial Quetions!!!

Basically i dont work, so do i need to fill in any of this section? If yes then what am i suppose to write?? If No then shall i just put none in all of the boxes??

Section 9!
Parents' Learning Allowance, Adult Dependent's Grant and Childcare Grant.

Basically my parents get Child Benefit for my younger brother, Disable allowance & income support!!! Also my parents are not lone as both are together & also living with me!
I dont get part (c) what income am i suppose to write here??? My parents dont work, both r at home!

Section 11!
Financial Details for the Tax year!
what income am i suppose to meant to right in here? Do i write what my parents get from benefits or shall i just leave blank!!! I m totally confused!!! We dont have any income as we are getting all sorts of benefits! So do i write none in all the boxes???

Section 12!!!
I dont get any of this!!!

Please sonebody help me!!!
Thanks alot!!!!:smile:
Reply 1

somebody please HELPPPPPPPP!!!
Reply 2
Section 11 and 12 are for your parents income or if you are supporting yourself then you supply details of your own income etc.
Section 9 is if you get benefits etc yourself. I.e. you are a parent and have dependent children. So unless you have children or are disabled yourself you just need to say N/A to these things.

This should help, just read the notes and it will guide you for what you need.
http://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk/pls/portal/docs/PAGE/SPIPG001/SPIPS001/SPIPS008/SFD%20PN1%20NOTES%200809.PDF
Reply 3
yashradia
Hi, this help is really appreciated! I need help in couple of things!!!

Section 8!
Student Financial Quetions!!!

Basically i dont work, so do i need to fill in any of this section? If yes then what am i suppose to write?? If No then shall i just put none in all of the boxes??

Section 9!
Parents' Learning Allowance, Adult Dependent's Grant and Childcare Grant.

Basically my parents get Child Benefit for my younger brother, Disable allowance & income support!!! Also my parents are not lone as both are together & also living with me!
I dont get part (c) what income am i suppose to write here??? My parents dont work, both r at home!

Section 11!
Financial Details for the Tax year!
what income am i suppose to meant to right in here? Do i write what my parents get from benefits or shall i just leave blank!!! I m totally confused!!! We dont have any income as we are getting all sorts of benefits! So do i write none in all the boxes???

Section 12!!!
I dont get any of this!!!

Please sonebody help me!!!
Thanks alot!!!!:smile:

Section 8

When working out your taxable unearned income, you should NOT include:
earnings from full or part-time work such as vacation work or work you do during term-time;
any Maintenance Loan or grant payments you may receive;
payments you receive from your parents under a covenant;
maintenance payments you expect to receive for your children. These maintenance
payments should be included as part of your children's income in question 8d.
Teacher Training Bursaries;
Care Leavers' Bursary;
bounties paid by the armed services to reservists or disablement or invalidity pensions; or
ISAs.

Section 9

Not applicable as you are not a parent (are you?)

Section 11

Basically your parents' taxable income. Benefits are counted, but are usually low enough not to affect your loan.

Section 12

Dependants of persons you mentioned in section 10

Why don't you read the guidelines that came with PN1? You can download them here. http://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk/pls/portal/docs/PAGE/SPIPG001/SPIPS001/SPIPS008/SFD%20PN1%20NOTES%200809.PDF

Marcus
Reply 4
Thanks!:smile:
Reply 5

Section 9 is not applicable to me so what do i write in all the boxes? Shall i just leave blank???

What about section 8? I dont work!!
Reply 6

i dont have any taxble unearned income?:s-smilie:
Reply 7
yashradia
i dont have any taxble unearned income?:s-smilie:

Then write £0 thats exactly what i wrote, and for section anything that doesnt apply to you cross out with a big X and then write N/A in each question so that they know you haven't missed anything out and have read everything.
Reply 8
If it doesn't apply to you, just write "None" or "N/A" in each box, you can leave Section 9 blank if you wish
Reply 9

thanks!! But what do i do with Tick boxes? Shall i leave them blank? cos if i put X they mite think that it is related to me:redface:
Either you do or you don't. So if you do, put a tick, or a cross, whatever the form has told you to put. If not, leave it blank.

Marcus
Reply 11
Tick "No"

Latest

Trending

Trending