The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes. I die a little inside for each day of my remaining time at Sixthform.
Only 4 weeks of Maths :biggrin:
Bye bye ICT coursework. :p:
Reply 4
English Lit will soon be gone! As will calculus, hurrah!

I'll miss History though :frown:
Sort of happy and sad really..... Glad never have to do some of the A level stuff again but really sad to be leaving the place I've been for the past 7 years :s-smilie: It's sort of like a second home to me now....
Reply 6
I really should be revising...I'm going to go get some equipment to help me, revision cards etc haha! But yes...Can't wait to finish English lit, but it will be really sad because it has been my biggest achievement doing well in that subject at GCSE then AS...hopefully I can add A2 to that lol!
Elfin Doll
Sort of happy and sad really..... Glad never have to do some of the A level stuff again but really sad to be leaving the place I've been for the past 7 years :s-smilie: It's sort of like a second home to me now....

Same... I'm going to love the holidays (buying exciting stuff for uni!) but I'm really going to miss my mates and it's going to be hard going from 14 years in one town to a big city, without anyone I know.
Reply 8
ahhh i know how you feel! i've also been at the same school for 7 years. The people are soo boring and narrow minded the subjects i'm doing especially psychology i'm finding tedious and does anyone else feel like they are learning for an exam rather than pleasure! how annoying is that but needs to be done for uni i suppose.
Zoedotdot
English Lit will soon be gone! As will calculus, hurrah!

I'll miss History though :frown:

But the language degrees at Oxbridge are primarily literature-based, so it's like you're doing a degree in English Lit, just in other languages! :P

We finish school forever on the 9th of May.... Like something teen days of school left because we have about 3/4 inset days coming up! :eek: I'm going to miss Maths! (Not Further Maths, though) And English as I currently know it!

Really, though, every day I just feel more and more tired, and the time is just dragging on. Aside from the feeling that I'm going to fail English miserably (and the nightmares have already started), and contemplating actually revising for once (a novelty, hey, it might work?), I just want it over and done with, now.
Yeah, I can't wait to finish A Levels, even if they're still over a year away. I just find them tedious and mechanical, and I'm looking forward to finishing school-like education too.
Reply 11
To be honest i felt more emotional about leaving high school i mean college by the time i got there it felt it was almost over, it did feel like a monotonous midpoint between gcse and university at times and i couldn't wait to leave but i also had some good times. On the whole I think im ready to move on i just need to make sure i nail my A levels lol.
I'm so sick of A Levels and am too beginning to get that horrible feeling of what if I fail!!

I like college...... just not A Levels!
Greatleysteg
But the language degrees at Oxbridge are primarily literature-based, so it's like you're doing a degree in English Lit, just in other languages! :P

We finish school forever on the 9th of May.... Like something teen days of school left because we have about 3/4 inset days coming up! :eek: I'm going to miss Maths! (Not Further Maths, though) And English as I currently know it!

Really, though, every day I just feel more and more tired, and the time is just dragging on. Aside from the feeling that I'm going to fail English miserably (and the nightmares have already started), and contemplating actually revising for once (a novelty, hey, it might work?), I just want it over and done with, now.

Oxford more so from what I've heard - part of the reason I picked Cambridge was because of the Linguistics options, and if I get my grades I'll be taking the Linguistics module for Spanish in my first year, offering some kind of relief from Literature! Anyway, it's not really the literature that I despise, it's the AOs and having to make trite comments to get me the marks for a certain Assessment Objective, rather than being able to write about what I want in relation to the text. I actually love studying literature, just not in a classroom!

/ranty

I have three and a half weeks left of school when I go back in a week, and frankly it can't come quickly enough. Eurgh. Bored of school.
All i've found college and A levels to be is a stepping stone to where I want to be doing what i want to do. Ok i am doing a psychology A level, but its pityful compared to where you get to during degree level.
I LOVE exams i cant wait :smile: :love:
Zoedotdot
Oxford more so from what I've heard - part of the reason I picked Cambridge was because of the Linguistics options, and if I get my grades I'll be taking the Linguistics module for Spanish in my first year, offering some kind of relief from Literature! Anyway, it's not really the literature that I despise, it's the AOs and having to make trite comments to get me the marks for a certain Assessment Objective, rather than being able to write about what I want in relation to the text. I actually love studying literature, just not in a classroom!

/ranty

I have three and a half weeks left of school when I go back in a week, and frankly it can't come quickly enough. Eurgh. Bored of school.

I know exactly where you're coming from *hug*

The only thing I dislike about English is how resticted you are when you write, because of those awful, oppressive mark schemes, stifling any creative intuition you might dare to display, and penalising any digression!
I can't wait to be able to write freely. :biggrin:
Reply 17
emjane
ahhh i know how you feel! i've also been at the same school for 7 years. The people are soo boring and narrow minded the subjects i'm doing especially psychology i'm finding tedious and does anyone else feel like they are learning for an exam rather than pleasure! how annoying is that but needs to be done for uni i suppose.

Ditto. I've been at the same place for 7 years aswell. It's absolutely tiny - there's about 70 of us and only about 12 classrooms! The range of subjects is so small that I go to a second college to study Law. I do Psychology aswell - I absolutely hate the coursework and it is tedious. I'll miss Law and Spanish though. And the teachers. :frown:
I'll miss my German teacher - I blame him solely for keeping me interested enough to want to do it at Uni! And for not telling me that I'm crap at it, when everyone else did!
A levels are so regimented and restricting. I hate the fact that you can get severely marked down for writing an original essay, and that you have to jump through the examiners' ****ing hoops all the time to get marks. Ugh.

I GET TO DROP MATHS SOON :biggrin: YAY! No more D1 #excited#

Latest