The Student Room Group

How long does it take you to read a book?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kinyonga
As others have said, depends on the book! Typically a few days, but again, depends on what else I have on and how gripping the book is. Some I'll race through and finish in one session, others will take me weeks.

Original post by stcrmyweather
If I looove the book then maybe a few days or weeks, but I am terrible at finding the time so it could take me months to a year lol

same here.. i could binge on a YA humor read in a week but when it comes to genres where the amount of jargons increase then ye i'd pause for months..
these days tho, its more like im starting to like slow reading, cause then i get to think about the character's interests, choices and see if i could perhaps relate..
Original post by Michiyo
Some people can sit down and finish a book in four hours and some take days, weeks or even months to finish a book. On average, how long does it take you to finish a book? :smile:

rhetorical question, everything depends on the book and the speed of reading
Original post by Michiyo
Some people can sit down and finish a book in four hours and some take days, weeks or even months to finish a book. On average, how long does it take you to finish a book? :smile:

I like to think that I read a lot but with Mocks coming up I haven't been able to read as much as I would have liked :colondollar:
Depends on the book.
Reply 24
Original post by Michiyo
it relies on the purpose of reading the book. Some people tend to read books because they like reading books and other to learn things or take the most important take aways. Coupled with a busy lifestyle, I would suggest that by reading 20 pages a day, mathematically you can read 30 books a year. So, I would so about a week or 2.
Original post by Michiyo

It varies a lot for me. It depends on the books. Certain books (especially books by certain authors) i can read in 3/4 days. Others (like the peter kay one im reading now) is taking a few weeks.
Not very long if i get sucked into it mabye 1-2 days other than that it could be at least a week
Original post by ebyrne2036
Not very long if i get sucked into it mabye 1-2 days other than that it could be at least a week

How much time would you need, if the book has 1000 pages to read on condition that you get into it and has fun?
Reply 28
anything between 1 day and… 5 years?
(if it gets beyond that I'd probably call it quits)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending