The Student Room Group

psychology degree apprenticeship

Im doing my A-levels this year, im planning to apply for an apprenticeship AFTER i recieve my A-level grades. Im looking for an level 6(degree level) apprenticeship that'll help me towards becoming a clinical psychologist in the nhs. Which apprenticeship should I do?.. +I was considering uni, but my predicted grades arent good enough for the uni's i want to apply to (Its A,C ..and the 3rd one i havent been told yet) , ucas is ****in stressful, and i want to avoid the debttt
Reply 1
I'm not sure about apprenticeships, but I suggest you check the route to becoming a clinical psychologist - as far as I'm aware it requires a PhD on the DClinPsy course in order to become an official clinical psychologist, but the route to getting to PhD can be varied, so explore as much as you can!
Reply 2
Original post by Nmys
I'm not sure about apprenticeships, but I suggest you check the route to becoming a clinical psychologist - as far as I'm aware it requires a PhD on the DClinPsy course in order to become an official clinical psychologist, but the route to getting to PhD can be varied, so explore as much as you can!

yeah it requires a masters and doctorate, but do u know if theres an psychology bachelors degree level 6 apprenticeship
Reply 3
Original post by anum_berry
yeah it requires a masters and doctorate, but do u know if theres an psychology bachelors degree level 6 apprenticeship

A quick google search didn't find anything relevant - but maybe try searching more and contacting some universities to see what they offer. It might be the case that a specific Psychology degree apprenticeship is very rare due to the nature of the work - client confidentiality, vulnerable populations, and sensitive topics may mean that only trained professionals have access, not students. But again, contact universities and professionals who may have a better idea
Original post by anum_berry
Dyu have any updates on this ?

Latest