The Student Room Group

psychology degree apprenticeships / apprenticeships?

Does anyone know how I could enter the psychology world / get a job within there etc without having to go to university?
@Noodlzzz might know, I'm not aware of any specific degree apprenticeships for clinical psychology. There might be some in various areas of counselling perhaps though...?
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
@Noodlzzz might know, I'm not aware of any specific degree apprenticeships for clinical psychology. There might be some in various areas of counselling perhaps though...?

I'm really interested in psychology and that department, so I was just wondering if there were any others ways into it without going to Uni! I know I couldn't be anything like a clinical psychologist as I'd most likely need a degree! Thanks for responding :smile: I wish there were more options available!
Original post by CE01
I'm really interested in psychology and that department, so I was just wondering if there were any others ways into it without going to Uni! I know I couldn't be anything like a clinical psychologist as I'd most likely need a degree! Thanks for responding :smile: I wish there were more options available!

Original post by artful_lounger

Hi! Thanks for the tag.

Not really any apprenticeships, but there a few options:

1) HCA in psychiatric services
2) counselling courses
3) more standard courses like IAPT or PWP
Original post by CE01

If you mean psychology as an academic career, than you would need to do at minimum a masters, and realistically almost certainly a PhD, to become an academic researcher and university lecturer. Outside of that, I don't really think there are many "psychology" jobs other than clinical psychologist positions available.
Reply 5
Original post by CE01

Do u have any updates on this ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending