The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Bucks New University - September 2019 Nursing applicants

Hi Everyone

If you're joining us in September 2019 for one of our nursing courses based at our Uxbridge Campus, you can use this thread to meet others that will be starting with you, or to ask any questions you may have about starting at Bucks.

We'd love to get to know you a little better too - here's a few questions to get you started!

Where are you from?

What are you most looking forward to about starting uni?

Anything you’re not looking forward to or worried about starting uni?

Have you been to an open day at Bucks or are you planning to?

We look forward to meeting you soon! :h:

Laura
Reply 1
Hello Laura!I went to selection day and interview yesterday. Now I waiting for good news from uni. I live waliking distance from uni. Currently studying Access to Nursing. I am worried that I won't have 30 Ds.
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 2
Is anyone go to New Bucks yesterday? Please share your thoughts? Thanks
Original post by MKell
Hello Laura!I went to selection day and interview yesterday. Now I waiting for good news from uni. I live waliking distance from uni. Currently studying Access to Nursing. I am worried that I won't have 30 Ds.

HI @MKell

How did you get on at the selection day? I hope it went well for you. Try not to stress too much about not achieving your grades (though I know that's easier said than done!). Our nursing courses are very popular and therefore competitive, but there's always options for you should things not quite go to plan. We're always here to help advise you!

Wishing you the best of luck with everything!

Laura
Reply 4
Thank you for your support, Laura! An interview was good, liked it. I am waiting to hear back from uni.
Original post by Bucks New University
HI @MKell

How did you get on at the selection day? I hope it went well for you. Try not to stress too much about not achieving your grades (though I know that's easier said than done!). Our nursing courses are very popular and therefore competitive, but there's always options for you should things not quite go to plan. We're always here to help advise you!

Wishing you the best of luck with everything!

Laura
Reply 5
Hello Laura! Please,would you advife me how to access my timetable which will be available on 5th of September? As I don't have login details for BlackBoard yet. I would love to have a timetable before enrollment to arrange childcare. Thank you !
Original post by MKell
Hello Laura! Please,would you advife me how to access my timetable which will be available on 5th of September? As I don't have login details for BlackBoard yet. I would love to have a timetable before enrollment to arrange childcare. Thank you !

Hi @MKell

Thanks for your message. Congratulations on getting your place with us, that's great news! :thumbsup:

Timetables will be available on the welcome section of our website - you'll need your Bucks student ID number to access this. You shouldn't need to log in to anything to access it at this stage. It should be noted however that for nursing because you get allocated into different groups, your personalised timetable may not be ready yet until closer to the start of term.

Good luck with your studies and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Laura
Reply 7
Hi Laura! Thank you:smile:))I am exited, but feeling butterflies in my tummy:smile:)Please, can I have a link on website how to access a timetable?Thank you:smile:))
Original post by MKell
Hi Laura! Thank you:smile:))I am exited, but feeling butterflies in my tummy:smile:)Please, can I have a link on website how to access a timetable?Thank you:smile:))

Aah, it's only natural to feel nervous - don't forget everyone else will be feeling the same. I'm sure you'll settle in in no time!

The timetable info will be updated here next week: https://bucks.ac.uk/students/the-bucks-welcome/timetables

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Laura
Reply 9
Aah, it's only natural to feel nervous - don't forget everyone else will be feeling the same. I'm sure you'll settle in in no time!

The timetable info will be updated here next week: https://bucks.ac.uk/students/the-bucks-welcome/timetables

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Laura

Thank you!
Reply 10
Hi Laura! Please, would you help me to get my timetable?????? Thank you:smile:))
Original post by MKell
Hi Laura! Please, would you help me to get my timetable?????? Thank you:smile:))

Hi @MKell

Did you follow the link to the page on our website that I sent you a few of days ago?

Laura
Reply 12
Hi @MKell

Did you follow the link to the page on our website that I sent you a few of days ago?

Laura

Yes I did....
Original post by MKell
Yes I did....

Ok, which bit are you stuck on?
Reply 14
Ok, which bit are you stuck on?

This link is inactive...
Original post by MKell
This link is inactive...

That's odd. Can you try refreshing your page?
Reply 16
That's odd. Can you try refreshing your page?

Thanks:smile:) I did! It is will be available on Welcome Week:frown:((
Original post by MKell
Thanks:smile:) I did! It is will be available on Welcome Week:frown:((

Sorry, did you manage to get it to work?

If you cant see the full details of your timetable it's probably because you haven't been allocated your group yet for nursing, and therefore your timetable hasn't been set.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending