The Student Room Group

2008 medicine reject?

Yeah well im afraid thats me this year...

...its sad though because you never expect it to happen to you, i mean ive got all the right grades so far, work experience in both the uk and america, in lots of sports teams, voluntary work galore but yet i still wasnt good enough...

Yeah it hurt :mad: but i guess i had to get over it, in the process of talking to unis and stuff to get in through clearing! Ill get there one day!

Applied to Imperial, UCL, Notts, Bristol

Anyone else? Hehe i cant be the only one :eek: ...

Yeah well im afraid thats me this year...

...its sad though because you never expect it to happen to you, i mean ive got all the right grades so far, work experience in both the uk and america, in lots of sports teams, voluntary work galore but yet i still wasnt good enough...

Yeah it hurt :s-smilie: but i guess i had to get over it, in the process of talking to unis and stuff to get in through clearing! Ill get there one day!

Applied to Imperial, UCL, Notts, Bristol

GCSE: 5A*s 6As
AS: 4As

Anyone else? Hehe i cant be the only one ...
Try the medicine forum. Us medic types are well friendly...

Not being weird we are actually nice.
Reply 2
D'ohh! i will work out tsr someday!
Reply 3
Urgh, bad luck! Did you get feedback from the universities as to why you were turned down from them?

My friend has 10A*s and a B at GCSE, with AAAAA at AS-Level and predicted AAAAA at A2 (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, plus another A in General Studies), plenty work experience in hospitals, nursing homes etc and a good score in the BMAT. Y'know what? He got 4 Medicine rejections this year! All because of his interviews, according to the feedback.
Reply 4
Oh man! i didnt even get to the interview stage...but i got rejected real late in march so they couldnt have hated me that much? i got 5A*s and 6As at GCSE and 4 As at AS predicted the same for A2, was just bad luck that i couldnt show them who i really was.

All their feedback was that it was too competitive etc :s

Latest

Trending

Trending