The Student Room Group

Finalising Peter's Petrol Pump

I believe i have now finished the project and the write up, and i manged to squeeze it into 39 pages after having nearly 50.
And i just created this thread so we can share any final thoughts.
My views:
The main part of the project was obviously the testing and i believe i tested every part.
The design was the second main part which was made up mainly of algorithms of the operations, which was written in pseudocode. The design also included the interface design as well as data definition. I also added a couple of diagrams just in case.
I also added my code at the end and described it all line by line.

How has eveyone else found it?

And also one question is, has anyone actually declared the actual data types for example the 'Litres'?
Reply 1
kontrol
I believe i have now finished the project and the write up, and i manged to squeeze it into 39 pages after having nearly 50.
And i just created this thread so we can share any final thoughts.
My views:
The main part of the project was obviously the testing and i believe i tested every part.
The design was the second main part which was made up mainly of algorithms of the operations, which was written in pseudocode. The design also included the interface design as well as data definition. I also added a couple of diagrams just in case.
I also added my code at the end and described it all line by line.

How has eveyone else found it?

And also one question is, has anyone actually declared the actual data types for example the 'Litres'?

Yes, i have a table just before my program listing where i've declared all the actual data types, although i don't think we need to.
Also, what did you include in the data definition part?
Reply 2
bobson
Yes, i have a table just before my program listing where i've declared all the actual data types, although i don't think we need to.
Also, what did you include in the data definition part?

for that bit i just created a table and put in my variables, with other coloumns such as 'data type'. 'any validaition', 'format', etc.
Reply 3
is it still possible to add something to your document on monday morning? because i wanted to change something.
Reply 4
kontrol
is it still possible to add something to your document on monday morning? because i wanted to change something.

We havent handed ours in! got to take it home and just bring it with us on Monday !
Reply 5
BCDOG
We havent handed ours in! got to take it home and just bring it with us on Monday !

lol fair enough.. so how many pages you done? i managed to squeeze mine down to 40
Reply 6
Got mine on 25 pages! I think many people are over estimating what is going to be asked of us in the exam. Plus my code is very compact - Im quite experienced in VB so have exactly what is required and no more.
Mine is 39 pages on the dot. My program listing is only 8 pages long too.
Reply 8
Ummmm, I'm not quite finished with mine but its less than 20 pages with just over 2 pages for code.
Heh, mine only runs out at around 31 pages with 10 tests. I put everything needed in, and didn't go overboard so it should be all right :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending