The Student Room Group

UCAS + Personal Statement Plagiarism

So as the idiot I am, i posted my Personal Statement online, it was up for about a day and I got it deleted.

I'm not taking any chances so I rewrote and rephrased my whole personal statement but however there is a lot of similarities that I simply cannot change like my work experience and my hobbies etc.

What do you think my chances are of being accused of plagiarism upon my own PS?
Original post by anzoceo
So as the idiot I am, i posted my Personal Statement online, it was up for about a day and I got it deleted.

I'm not taking any chances so I rewrote and rephrased my whole personal statement but however there is a lot of similarities that I simply cannot change like my work experience and my hobbies etc.

What do you think my chances are of being accused of plagiarism upon my own PS?

Go on grammarly. Send a code to a friend for a free month of premium.and use their plagiarism check to see.
Reply 2
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Go on grammarly. Send a code to a friend for a free month of premium.and use their plagiarism check to see.

I did that with my original PS and it said no plagiarism, even though I had it deleted I still don't trust it. I reckon UCAS have advanced mechanisms of detecting plagiarism.
Original post by anzoceo
I did that with my original PS and it said no plagiarism, even though I had it deleted I still don't trust it. I reckon UCAS have advanced mechanisms of detecting plagiarism.

Contact UCAS and inform them, see if they can check it for you.
Reply 5
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Contact UCAS and inform them, see if they can check it for you.

Wouldn't that do more harm than good? It'd put a big question mark next to my name when I send it and it'd be under high scrutiny?
Reply 6

are you sure these are safe and confidential links?
Original post by anzoceo
are you sure these are safe and confidential links?

I use them all the time for my coursework but the best one is https://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/ and it is also HTTPS secure.
Original post by anzoceo
Wouldn't that do more harm than good? It'd put a big question mark next to my name when I send it and it'd be under high scrutiny?

Can always call without providing name nor UCAS ID and explain why, and ask if they could check it for you and if it would have any consquences.
Go on grammarly

Latest

Trending

Trending