The Student Room Group
Yes, you would be expected to know the explanations of both.

Yet, if the question asked to outline the model, and speacifically eating disorders, you will be expected to relate the model to bothe eating disorders; also another disorder such as phobias, schitzophrenia etc..
I think my teacher said it would specify which one you need to do, which is why you need to learn both in case the one you don't revise for comes up. There was a big ... kerfuffle a few years back apparantly where it said you only needed to learn one in the specification, so everyone learned the same one and they all failed 'cause it specified the other (I think they all did Anorexia and Bulimia came up).

So, it's better to know all of it. Plus, if it doesn't ask, it means you can write 3+6+3+6 (AO1+AO2+AO1+AO2) of both, making it slightly easier (I suppose). Fewer criticisms to remember for each (just make sure to remember different ones for each!)
Reply 3
LastLordofTime
I think my teacher said it would specify which one you need to do, which is why you need to learn both in case the one you don't revise for comes up. There was a big ... kerfuffle a few years back apparantly where it said you only needed to learn one in the specification, so everyone learned the same one and they all failed 'cause it specified the other (I think they all did Anorexia and Bulimia came up).

So, it's better to know all of it. Plus, if it doesn't ask, it means you can write 3+6+3+6 (AO1+AO2+AO1+AO2) of both, making it slightly easier (I suppose). Fewer criticisms to remember for each (just make sure to remember different ones for each!)

I'll be safe and ty and learn both, altho your teacher is wrong because i printed out al the past 18 mark q's and every time it says 'one or more eating disorders'
Heh, Well, I never liked her anyway ... nor does anyone who has her as a teacher ... she's so bubbly and patronising :P

Although ... she might have said "They'll never specifically ask for one or the other" ... I can't remember XD
Reply 5
i've flicked through all the pass papers, and that question pops up a lot.
the one people don't bother reading up is the psychological explanations. read em just in case!

Latest

Trending

Trending