The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well, in the exam, I don't do a 'proper' plan. I just jot down quick ideas and quotes I remember. The intro is very important, so I spend a couple of minutes thinking about that. Each point you make, use a new paragraph and use quotes and then use language analysis. It is a simple 'formula' but I find it hard to pull iit off, because of the time limit.
Reply 2
Theres other thread on this use the "search button"
:biggrin:
Reply 3
Make the most detailed plan possible. I wold spend as much as ten minutes on it. Plans are so helpful. Last time I had an essay for homewok I rused ad didn't do a plan. My writing becae unstructured and I missed some galring points. I got a C when I normally comfortably get A's or A*'s.

Also, I went to a poetry session for schools; it had all the antology poets there. An important exam board member did a speech and it consisted of telling us to do a plan over and over again.
dripperj
Make the most detailed plan possible. I wold spend as much as ten minutes on it. Plans are so helpful. Last time I had an essay for homewok I rused ad didn't do a plan. My writing becae unstructured and I missed some galring points. I got a C when I normally comfortably get A's or A*'s.

Also, I went to a poetry session for schools; it had all the antology poets there. An important exam board member did a speech and it consisted of telling us to do a plan over and over again.

In the exams, I would not spend 10 mins on a plan. I can think of ideas, while writing, so I just spend a couple of minutes getting ideas, but it is different for everyone.
Reply 5
oh great, i ask a question, and 4 people reply, one who tells me to search, and another 3 who talk about plans..

Thanks guys
Sorry to hijack this thread, but there are two types of questions in the ENglish Lit paper. One is where you choose two poems from each list, and compare all four. But how about the one with a section a and a section b? Are we meant to answer that as two separate essays or link all four?
Reply 7
Lol at Bateman giving me neg rep.
:biggrin: That truly made my day..
Bateman
oh great, i ask a question, and 4 people reply, one who tells me to search, and another 3 who talk about plans..

Thanks guys

Errr I thought we were meant to be helping you...If you don't want people's advice and opinions maybe you shouldn't start a thread, then moan. Everyone does things differently. You are meant to take their ideas and mould it for yourself...What do you want - Someone to do the exam for you?!
Reply 9
^Thankyou someone who is not living in Narnia.. :biggrin:
Reply 10
^Lol
Rofl This is my essay plan:

Step 1: Answer the question well
Reply 12
RoadWarrior
Rofl This is my essay plan:

Step 1: Answer the question well

Agreed :biggrin:
Not that I will do that probably Lol
:biggrin:
Reply 13
RoadWarrior
Errr I thought we were meant to be helping you...If you don't want people's advice and opinions maybe you shouldn't start a thread, then moan. Everyone does things differently. You are meant to take their ideas and mould it for yourself...What do you want - Someone to do the exam for you?!

i just asked for an essay plan, thats all..
not whether or not people need essay plans..
Reply 14
Exactly. This is what you have to keep in mind. There can not be any set plan.
Reply 15
see how does that help me?

oh i get it, when i go to do my exam, i'll rememver that essay plans didn't work for you, thanks!
And here is your plan. As Doyds said, you don't have to be a genius :smile:
Bateman
see how does that help me?

oh i get it, when i go to do my exam, i'll rememver that essay plans didn't work for you, thanks!

He is saying that you don't HAVE to do a plan. That is another way of doing the exam.
Reply 18
chongy5
Exactly. This is what you have to keep in mind. There can not be any set plan.

ok sorry i should have mentioned, i want to know what you use for carol ann duffy and simon armitage and pre1914 peom "essay plan"
and catcher in the rye "essay plan"

Iknow there is no great one, but i have my own version, my teachers told me theirs, i just want to know what other people use
Reply 19
RoadWarrior
He is saying that you don't HAVE to do a plan. That is another way of doing the exam.

i know what SHE said, but it's not useful is it?

Latest