The Student Room Group

When can we see exam papers we’ve completed?

Hi all,

After sitting an (I)GCSE exam, we all like to go through the questions and discuss what the answers could have been and then gauge if we met our desired grade’s percentage or not.

However it is a lot easier to go through the exam if you actually have it! When are the exams released for people to see, I know the boards try to keep them hidden as much as possible for 9 or so months but they have been sat so are not ‘secret’ papers any more.

Last year when I sat some papers earlier, I asked my teachers who photocopied their copy of the exam for me, but I don’t know if they are meant to. Is there any other way to see the exam we’ve sat before getting the results?

PS. Before anybody accuses me of wanting to cheat, I mean well after the exam is over, like several days or weeks after.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1
im not sure, but i agree it would be helpful, i cant stand waiting two months till we get the results! i really over analyse exams once ive done them lol. ive heard it is normally a few moths till theyre released though, so that doesnt really help!!

xx
Reply 2
Why do you want to do that? You're going to realise silly mistakes you made and worry!
bmh16
Why do you want to do that? You're going to realise silly mistakes you made and worry!

I already worry about all the silly mistakes I have made, and we will see it anyway, so I would rather see it now :wink:
Reply 4
Fair enough, not something i would do though :p:
in the two latin exams i have done thus far, candidates have just walked out with the question booklet as the examiners said nothing.....

Latest