The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes, two GCSEs
Reply 2
Is the workload really bigger than that of single award..

as i did single award science gcse last year and there was way more to learn than in dual award science...
i did Cida (ICT) and the work load was big for that and that counts as two stand alone qualifications
Reply 4
I did double art and compared to the single art group, i had around twice as many sketchbooks and finished pieces at the end so yeah.
Double award might only be slightly easier in that there is only one subject and teaching method to get used to compared to if you were studying two distinct subjects.
Reply 5
yep 2 gcse's and is definately a lot harder than single award!!
Reply 6
Well the new Science courses mean that you get two totally separate GCSE grades. The old ones you would get two of the same grade, but this time you can get an A* and a U (lol if that happens to someone) because they are two completely different things, although of course one leads into the other.

So yes, they are two separate passes.
Reply 7
I do double award ICT and there is literally mountains of coursework, we did about 9 pieces in the past 2 years and in total mine was about ... 400 pages - for a GCSE subject! Those poor trees.
But the exam requires no revision, just basic knowledge of Excel, Word and Access, which is good :biggrin:

Latest