The Student Room Group

AQA biology on wednesday - what DON'T i need to know?

I've looked through the AQA revision booklet, and it barely mentions hearts. Yet, in lessons, we always do them and label them and everything. Do you actually need to know the different parts of the heart? and also, is any1 worried that you havnt finished the unit yet? in my shcool we've only got to the end of the 1st chapter on unit 3.

and finally, what % of the final grade is this 45 minute test worth?

thanks.
Reply 1
I think you'll need to know the heart because it didn't come up in the January exam!
It's worth 25%.
I'd say thoroughly learn about the heart, blood, microbes, how to make cheese/yoghurt, biofuels, active transport, and the lungs.
Reply 2
Are you doing double award? Because if so you only need to know the Additional Science section rather than the Science section for this exam.

I'm doing AQA and we've done nothing on hearts!
Yeh same, plus if you check the specification, there's nothing about hearts.

Just enzymes, homeostasis, plants and genes mostly
Reply 4
He's talking about separate science I think
Reply 5
Biology should be a laugh.
Reply 6
I'm doing triple science, sorry for not making that too clear.
Tallon
I'm doing triple science, sorry for not making that too clear.

Get the specification of AQA website, learn what it says.
Im doing tripple science and we've done a bit on hearts
We've only learnt the names of the chambers and a couple of arteries like the Aorta
I think the emphaisis is really on the way excercise effects the circulatory system
Reply 9
Im doing triple but for WJEC, we got the heart, kidneys, transpiration and transportation system in plants, microbes and Pasteur and all them wierd scientists :/
Reply 10
well I'm learning about like the blood and the plasma etc but not about the exact names of the ventricles etc, i think you have to know about arteries and veins and what the do, and it might be worth just quickly going over the heart, to make sure your on the safe side :smile:
Reply 11
i am so screwed, it's unfunny.
Ditto - I've spent all of today doing Maths and will spend all Monday doing Latin and English (and for those that'll tell me to get off here and revise, it's my break!).
At least it's an afternoon exam so I can cram in the morning.

Latest