The Student Room Group

Politics: Swansea or Aberystwyth?

Hi there, I'm currently trying to choose my insurance offer for UCAS, and I don't know whether to select Swansea or Aberystwyth. My degree will be Politics, and I currently already live within Swansea, so it'd be my closest university.

Any advice would be really appreciated! :smile:
Original post by Salieri
Hi there, I'm currently trying to choose my insurance offer for UCAS, and I don't know whether to select Swansea or Aberystwyth. My degree will be Politics, and I currently already live within Swansea, so it'd be my closest university.

Any advice would be really appreciated! :smile:

Hi @Salieri :smile:

Glad to hear that you are considering Aberystwyth! Have you visited us during an Applicant Visiting Day yet? They are a great opportunity to chat with your lecturers and our current students and get a feel for life as a student in Aberystwyth and as a part of the International Politics department. If you haven't already visited we have one remaining date which is the 30th of March and you can book online here :smile:

Alternatively, I could put you in touch with a current student in the department if you would like?:smile:

Kind regards
Sulwen
Hi @Salieri, and hi @Aberystwyth University!

Sulwen's advice is sound - it's always worth visiting universities and the departments you would be studying to get a feel for them, to see if they're environments that make you most comfortable to study at for the next few years.

By studying a BA Politics degree at Swansea University you will have the opportunity to gain real life experience in the political field. You can undertake a placement at the National Assembly for Wales where you will work directly with Assembly Members (hear what our students on the placements had to say), as well as the option to take the Parliamentary Studies module which is approved and taught in collaboration with the UK parliament.
If you have not already visited us our next open day is on the 6th April and you can register here, or if you cannot make the open day email [email protected] to arrange a personal tour :smile:

Good luck with the rest of your studies and we hope to see you in September!

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending