Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
UCL interviews are fun :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
kevins
Hi i have just received a letter from UCL saying they want me to come for an interview on the 2nd November. Could anyone that has already had a maths interview in the past tell me what kind of questions i will be asked and also what sort of maths questions will they give me? Thanks

hey i got an an interview on the same day (@ 2pm) im not sure what they ask you but my teacher said instead of how advanced u are theyll ask u basics like diff n intergration from First principles
Reply 3
amo1
hey i got an an interview on the same day (@ 2pm) im not sure what they ask you but my teacher said instead of how advanced u are theyll ask u basics like diff n intergration from First principles

mines at 2pm as wel. cu there
Reply 4
do they give you questions to work out???!!!
Intergration and differentiation
kevins
Hi i have just received a letter from UCL saying they want me to come for an interview on the 2nd November. Could anyone that has already had a maths interview in the past tell me what kind of questions i will be asked and also what sort of maths questions will they give me? Thanks

Really?! I've applied to UCL for Maths too but haven't had anything yet. :confused: Are you an international student?
Reply 7
no i live in uk
Hmmm.. maybe its different for joint courses.
Reply 9
kevins

how was it? what did they ask u?
Reply 10
i went too,
differentiate, x^2*sin(1/x)
Reply 11
amo1
i went too,

do you know whether you've received an offer yet or not?
Reply 12
Katie Heskins
do you know whether you've received an offer yet or not?

nope
Reply 13
amo1
i went too,

did they ask any other questions? what else did you do there?
Reply 14
thats quite a nice question, compared to what they could be!
Reply 15
ny1 whos had the interview have u had n offer?
Reply 16
I went to the open day on the 3rd and still haven't received my promised offer!
Reply 17
I went to the open day on the 3rd and still haven't received my promised offer!

oh, my friend hasnt either, she was just telling me bout it today. i'm sure it'll come!
Reply 18
wat sort of questions came up besides the differential one??..ahh...any help wud be appreciated!! i have mine coming tuesday!! :redface:
Reply 19
I think the questions are random. THe one I got I think he just thought up anyway...

f(x) = 2^x
g(x) = 4^x
h(x) = 0.5^x

Was asked to draw them, simple enough. Then he draw a line parallel to the x axis and asked me to find the rlationship between the distances of that line and the points of intersection between the curves and y axis. Really need the diagram to explain it fully.

Latest

Trending

Trending