The Student Room Group

PGCE Secondary School/ Volunteering Experience

What have you guys done to gain experience working with young people. I would like to apply for PGCE in September when I start my third year. I have volunteered for 4 Weeks as a library assistant helping teenagers with homework and using ICT facilities. And I will be volunteering in a secondary school for 10 days. Do I need any more experience? I am applying for a PGCE Secondary Economics/Business.
Original post by Mickey976
What have you guys done to gain experience working with young people. I would like to apply for PGCE in September when I start my third year. I have volunteered for 4 Weeks as a library assistant helping teenagers with homework and using ICT facilities. And I will be volunteering in a secondary school for 10 days. Do I need any more experience? I am applying for a PGCE Secondary Economics/Business.

I think this will be fine for secondary- most people aren't able to get loads of experience in schools as schools just aren't able to offer this.

Keeping up the volunteering in the library long term will look good on your application- or alternatively some other long term volunteering with young people in the right age group would look good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending