The Student Room Group

Engineering foundation year

Hi I've applied for an engineering foundation year at Birmingham Nottingham Sheffield and Leeds and gotten a place on all of them but I'm not sure which one to go to. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows which of these is best
Original post by ArhamRehman
Hi I've applied for an engineering foundation year at Birmingham Nottingham Sheffield and Leeds and gotten a place on all of them but I'm not sure which one to go to. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows which of these is best

Hi, I firmed Sheffield and Insured Nottingham. ARe you an international student as Leeds don't do a Uk student foundation year I think?
Reply 2
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Hi, I firmed Sheffield and Insured Nottingham. ARe you an international student as Leeds don't do a Uk student foundation year I think?

They do it's called studies in science foundation year it gets you into electrical engineering which is what I want to do but I honestly don't know where to go hows Sheffield for you? Have you been to open days and stuff
They do it's called studies in science foundation year it gets you into electrical engineering which is what I want to do but I honestly don't know where to go hows Sheffield for you? Have you been to open days and stuff

wow thats n L for me... I thought Leeds didn't do foundation years for Uk students... Anyways Sheffield was mad. the best facilities I've seen and the most all round good city. Defo firm choice for me
Reply 4
wow thats n L for me... I thought Leeds didn't do foundation years for Uk students... Anyways Sheffield was mad. the best facilities I've seen and the most all round good city. Defo firm choice for me

That's awesome I might firm that then it was between that and Leeds but Leeds has modules like chemistry which I don't even need so I was tilting towards Sheffield anyways. Also is it taught on campus
That's awesome I might firm that then it was between that and Leeds but Leeds has modules like chemistry which I don't even need so I was tilting towards Sheffield anyways. Also is it taught on campus

Cool, might see you there if I don't get through adjustment :biggrin:
Reply 6
Cool, might see you there if I don't get through adjustment :biggrin:

Cool. If you go through adjustment are you gonna still go for Sheffield or straight into first year somewhere else?
Cool. If you go through adjustment are you gonna still go for Sheffield or straight into first year somewhere else?

first year at sheffield Meng!
Reply 8
first year at sheffield Meng!

Oh ok I haven't done maths so I gotta stick with the foundation year either way.
Oh ok I haven't done maths so I gotta stick with the foundation year either way.

cool. will u do meng later?
cool. will u do meng later?

Probably but I'm considering an industry year so I'm not sure
yh i'm not too keen on 6 years lol
Probably but I'm considering an industry year so I'm not sure

Quick Reply

Latest