The Student Room Group
ummm....the University of Cambridge?
Anglia Ruskin?
Reply 3
Anglia Ruskin doesn't do any of the languages i want, i ehcked on their website, no results came up when i seacrched them, and the university of cambridge requires really good GCSE grades, which i'm not smart enough to achieve, but thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 4
I think Anglia Ruskin & Cambridge University are the only two Uni's in Cambridge. It is quite a small place.
Lena_ding
I'm going to be studying Languages at Sixth form next year and I wonder is anyone knows of any university in Cambridge where i can study langauges like, Italian, French and Spanish?

Thanks in advance

Why have you picked Cambridge in particular? Have you heard about Cambridge uni and its reputation or do you just think it's pretty? Those two are the only unis in Cambridge, see.
Reply 6
becuase cambridge is the only place i can go, my parents can't afford for me to go anywhere else, there are lots of other universities in cambridge surely? cus cambridge is famous for its universities
Lena_ding
becuase cambridge is the only place i can go, my parents can't afford for me to go anywhere else, there are lots of other universities in cambridge surely? cus cambridge is famous for its universities

No, Cambridge is famous for one university - the University of Cambridge - and its many constituent colleges. But to go to a college, you have to be at the university (the colleges are owned by the university, and the two are interlinked). Anglia Ruskin is the only other university in Cambridge.

What do you mean, your parents can't afford for you to go anywhere else? What about tuition fee loans, maintenance loans, maintenance grants, overdrafts, bursaries, and all the rest? The same way everyone else gets to go to uni? My parents haven't had to pay a thing (and I wouldn't want them to).
Lena_ding

what do you mean they can't afford for you to go anywhere else? You get a loan of 3300 minimum a year as a student from the government, in addition to them loaning you the tuition fee money.

Cambridge is famous for ONE university. The University of Cambridge. It requires good GCSE results because it's so good. Anglia Ruskin is not so prestigious, but they are the only two in Cambridge.
Reply 9
my parents don't let me go anywhere else still, thanks for all the info tho :smile:
Reply 10
Lena_ding
my parents don't let me go anywhere else still, thanks for all the info tho :smile:

huh? So i guess you aren't going to uni then, or gonna do some random subject, because of what your parents say?
Lena_ding

This is very odd. When you are 18, you do know they can't not let you, right? Just go somewhere else.

Latest

Trending

Trending