The Student Room Group

SCITT (Salaried) question about half-term holidays

If I do a secondary SCITT (salaried route) I assume I'll spend the school's half-term breaks planning and working. But will I have to be at school? My placement is in London, my husband is elsewhere, and I would really like to fly out to see him for each half-term break.

(And yes I do understand I'll have to take a lot of work with me!)
Highly unlikely. I doubt the school will be open for teaching staff during the half term.
Reply 2
thx bwilliams - that's good to know. Do the universities take a break at the same time? I'm worried that they'll schedule lectures and seminars during my time away from classes.

Original post by bwilliams
Highly unlikely. I doubt the school will be open for teaching staff during the half term.
Original post by maenad1
thx bwilliams - that's good to know. Do the universities take a break at the same time? I'm worried that they'll schedule lectures and seminars during my time away from classes.

Possibly. Most universities will not do this for teacher training, however, SCITT spends a lot of time in school so they may schedule lectures in school holidays. You will need to contact your university or the one you intend to study at for more information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending