The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nope as it was only foundation:biggrin: why how was it hard for you?
Reply 2
Very hard - but then i am pretty bad at Biology anyway...
Reply 3
what questions did you hate??:biggrin::smile:
Reply 4
"Evaluate the use of dogs in these experiments" - We'd never done anything like this!
Reply 5
Sush92
"Evaluate the use of dogs in these experiments" - We'd never done anything like this!

i remember that question. It was horrible, but i think it was a How Science Works question?

Anyway i hated Biology papers, i did unit 2 and 3 and i don't think i got a very good grade in either.
Reply 6
Me neither but next year I can give it up!!!!!!!!!
Reply 7
But the thing is i am doing Biology next year for A-Levels and i need to get a good grade in GCSE Biology.
Reply 8
Which other A-levels are you doing?
Biology is currently my worst subject - I was able to give up Geography which I was even worse at!
Reply 9
I am doing Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology.

But instead of Biology i might to Physics or Economics.
Reply 10
I am doing Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry.

But instead of Biology I might do Physics or Economics.
Reply 11
I revised on SamLearning for about 16 hours on just biology and to be honest found the exam really easy.
I would expect 30 marks definatly on it.

Its like 40% for a C etc isnt it in biology. But they do get combined.
Reply 12
In the dogs question as to why they were used.

I just put because they have a similar internal system to humans, so any findings made in the dog could be related to humans.
I thought the paper was just a bit weird as it only seemed to cover 2 out of the 6 biology topics I've been taught.
I mean there was like nothing about cells and cell structure on it or about osmosis and homeostasis.
I quite liked the DNA question.
To me a lot of the questions seemed to be more common sense than actual science in that paper.
Also try not to worry too much.
Its over now and if you didn't do aswell as you would have liked just retake next year.
robyinatree
I thought the paper was just a bit weird as it only seemed to cover 2 out of the 6 biology topics I've been taught.
I mean there was like nothing about cells and cell structure on it or about osmosis and homeostasis.
I quite liked the DNA question.
To me a lot of the questions seemed to be more common sense than actual science in that paper.
Also try not to worry too much.
Its over now and if you didn't do aswell as you would have liked just retake next year.

Agreed :biggrin: even though i didnt actually take the exact test you did i still do AQA and all the science papers , physics, biology and chemistry some question are just 'how science works' but easy. pure science for the win
Reply 15
i have to take that test in September can anyone remember some of the questions? x
'Res:
']i have to take that test in September can anyone remember some of the questions? x

I lol at you!
Reply 17
I thought it was one of the easiest exams I did - that probably means I did ****, haha.
I hated the higher paper...do you think the grade boundries will be lowered???
Reply 19
"Evaluate the use of dogs in these experiments"

yeh that was a tricky question, with alot of thought you had to see the similarty between dogs and humans! weird question though!

Latest