The Student Room Group

Choice between Universities? Help!!

Hi There!I am having a bit of a problem choosing a University and any input would be greatly appreciated. I have applied to do a masters degree in International Finance and Economics at both the University of Sussex and Bournemouth University (BU) this coming September. I was accepted to both Universities and received the Chancellor's scholarship from Sussex which would cover 50% of my tuition. I was granted the Executive Dean's scholarship (50% tuition) from BU last November but due to family issues I was unable to accept it and I couldn't defer it. Unfortunately this decision is proving a bit difficult. The BU program includes a work placement option for 7 months and I would very much like to work in the UK. Based on my research having that experience is vital and I am not sure if my work experience would be enough. I have read online that finding a sponsor is practically impossible. I have worked at PwC in my country (Barbados) for the past 7 years and I am a qualified ACCA. Please note that the BU scholarship winner for 2019 should be announced in the next 2-3 weeks and I have re submitted my application. Any input would be awesome..while sussex would be way cheaper for that 12 month period I'd really like a chance at staying in the UK.
Reply 1
Original post by woogshen
Hi There!I am having a bit of a problem choosing a University and any input would be greatly appreciated. I have applied to do a masters degree in International Finance and Economics at both the University of Sussex and Bournemouth University (BU) this coming September. I was accepted to both Universities and received the Chancellor's scholarship from Sussex which would cover 50% of my tuition. I was granted the Executive Dean's scholarship (50% tuition) from BU last November but due to family issues I was unable to accept it and I couldn't defer it. Unfortunately this decision is proving a bit difficult. The BU program includes a work placement option for 7 months and I would very much like to work in the UK. Based on my research having that experience is vital and I am not sure if my work experience would be enough. I have read online that finding a sponsor is practically impossible. I have worked at PwC in my country (Barbados) for the past 7 years and I am a qualified ACCA. Please note that the BU scholarship winner for 2019 should be announced in the next 2-3 weeks and I have re submitted my application. Any input would be awesome..while sussex would be way cheaper for that 12 month period I'd really like a chance at staying in the UK.

What sort of work do you do at PWC? Have you tried contacting major recruitment agencies to see if they believe it is feasible to get a job with a work permit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending