The Student Room Group

References for multiple jobs

Hey

So I work as a nanny part-time outside of university. I have just moved to a new city and had to leave the family that I worked for. I worked for that family for 4 months and it everything was left on good terms. Since moving they have provided me with a couple of references in the last 6 months for nurseries. It was quick easy work that I could pick up.

However, now I'm looking to get back into nanny jobs and I have been meeting with families that rightly want references. I have a few families on hold that I can potentially work with in September, I have a few due to the fact that I won't know my timetable until September and they all require different hours so I have back up.

How do I organise references for multiple families, I feel like I would be asking too much of my previous family to ask for three separate references, they're a busy family with a lot going on! Could I ask for a general signed letter reference and give that out or will that be unprofessional?

Thanks
If you are applying to the same type of job and you are being employed by individuals rather than organisations hat have a template reference form they need filling, then your referees can just email the same text to everyone, so it’s not too much work.

Do you need to give references before you decide who you are going to work for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending