The Student Room Group

edexcel fp2 - how many marks did you lose?

Poll

How many marks did you lose?

http://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/Reports/Confidential%20Documents/0806/6675_01_que_20080618.pdf

there's the link to the paper, if you could just select the number of marks you think you lost, then we can work out whether the grade boundaries will be relatively lower this year.
Reply 1
btw, i think i lost something like 18 marks :frown:
Reply 2
yeah, I think I lost like 18 marks too :frown:
I have lost more than my liking.
At least 22 :frown:
Reply 4
24 I reckon....unless they are generous with the method marks.
Reply 5
28 I think.. :frown: but that's if I'm being pessimistic as I can't remember half my answers.. 18/20 if I'm being optimistic and 15ish if I'm delusional :smile:
Reply 6
i think i haven't lost that many marks (sorry for compound some misery) just some small mistakes and the whole begining of the reduction formula

hopefully at most 10
lost 14 clean and not sure about the once i have answered. how did you do the x - coordinae of Q in number 4? somebody upload the process, please...
Reply 8
I think I got around 63/75, so lost 12 marks. :frown:

If you guys want to check your answers against what I think were the right answers you can get them as a PDF [Rapidshare] or Zipped images [attached].
I think I'd have gotten around 60/75 at the time of doing the exam but having looked at your answers Alex I think it might have been more like 54-57 now because I didn't get as far with some of the questions as I'd have thought - 8d) in particular , and I forgot to simplify Q2 and might have slipped up in Q1.

Always knew that examiners in Further Maths could ask nasty horrible questions that they wouldn't be allowed to under Core Maths but didn't think they'd be that horrible!
Reply 10
Lost about 18 as well...that makes three of us :s-smilie:

Time issues were the main thing...
ive lost at least 30 marks sadly, unless i get method marks

so like.. 45/75 what will that be? a C? D:
Reply 12
not to gloat but i lost zero marks- i had a great teacher who made me do really hard questions so this was a breeze- those old maths books are the way to go
Reply 13
I lost about 40 marks...
I royally ****ed up part d) of question 8, the rest of it was generally fine... jeje so I could get maximum of 68/75 since I really did hardly anything for that last question... still hoping that will give me a rather high UMS...:biggrin:
I put 11-15. I messed up 8d) by screwing up the cos identity, so thats a maximum of 7, although I should get some method marks. Then the rest of it was fine judging by the suggested answer sheet I saw so I added about 5 marks for general stupidity and left it as that. Still 68/75 would of been nice, I pretty much wouldn't even have to turn up for FP3.
alex_hk90

If you guys want to check your answers against what I think were the right answers you can get them as a PDF [Rapidshare] or Zipped images [attached].

thnx alex.
alex_hk90

Yep I would say most of the answers in there are correct, I haven't looked precisely at each and everyone of them, but they are all correct I think... it's just as good as the mark scheme only it doesn't have the marks distribution... :biggrin:
astrophoenix
thnx alex.

You're welcome. :smile:

xinolisss
Yep I would say most of the answers in there are correct, I haven't looked precisely at each and everyone of them, but they are all correct I think... it's just as good as the mark scheme only it doesn't have the marks distribution... :biggrin:

Thanks. :smile:

Latest