The Student Room Group
Reply 1
come on people some help please
Reply 2
hotnanoo
come on people some help please

Sorry I have no idea! I want to do Law too (but at Cambridge)- they say they don't require a lot of knowledge from you before hand.. just general stuff. And this Degree book which my teach gave me had common questions at uni interviews. For Law it had stuff like what is a prosecuter? What is the role of the judge? etc

It might be the same at Oxford (but probably not!) lol.. sorry I'm not much help :tongue:

Ellie
Reply 3
Ellie
Sorry I have no idea! I want to do Law too (but at Cambridge)- they say they don't require a lot of knowledge from you before hand.. just general stuff. And this Degree book which my teach gave me had common questions at uni interviews. For Law it had stuff like what is a prosecuter? What is the role of the judge? etc

It might be the same at Oxford (but probably not!) lol.. sorry I'm not much help :tongue:

Ellie

thany reply is better than no reply
Reply 4
hotnanoo
Basically an answer to the question aboe whats law at oxfoord like ie the tests you get, is it hard to get in , what colleges are good just anything and everything :biggrin:

people who are prepared to work harder than their fellow students (except medics), enjoy reading a lot of books and can take in large amounts of info this way, are prepared to defend their opinions and contribute to discussions are usually best suited to law.

the sort of tests you get involve reading a fairly dense (packed with long words and complex ideas) passage, you have to answer a multiple choice section where the questions are along the lines of which of a,b,c,d is a good sumary of lines 94-96" or "which of a,b,c,d is the writer trying to express in line 34?" then you have an essay question based on the central theme of the passage.

all the colleges do law and it is the most competitive course at the uni, the best ones tend to be the older, prestigious colleges e.g, magdalen (by far the most competitive), balliol, christ church, merton others are st peter's which i hear is very good for law and brasenose has a very very good reputation for law (it is often called the law college)

Latest

Trending

Trending