The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Undergraduate Applicants for 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
The appeal was submitted on 27th September and we heard back from Edexcel on Friday and from AQA yesterday.

*27th August sorry
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
*27th August sorry

did your school send this off, or your school? My school isn't letting me appeal!!
did your school send this off, or your school? My school isn't letting me appeal!!

i meant you or your school, soz

The reason for the appeal was a centre error. I was predicted A*A*A* but my CAGs were BCC so it was clear that something had gone wrong. They investigated and figured that they had submitted the wrong grades to the exam boards. I now have A*AA.
The reason for the appeal was a centre error. I was predicted A*A*A* but my CAGs were BCC so it was clear that something had gone wrong. They investigated and figured that they had submitted the wrong grades to the exam boards. I now have A*AA.

oh i see, okay
I'm cancelling my accommodation so I have a room available at Stamford Street apartments this is not for a swap just for KCL student to take the room. The room is under KAAS (kings affordable living scheme) meaning that its £169 a week.
Is anyone else having a hard time finding their lecture schedule
Hello everyone! I have received an offer from KCL. I just want to know more about this university before I accept the offer. Because the tuition fee for KCL is quite expensive, even comparing to other unis in London. I am just not sure whether the experience in KCL will worth the tuition fee?
Has anyone done or doing a computer science degree at Kings? They say they don’t require further maths, but in reality how many students do they take without further maths for computer science.
Original post by Maths geek 2020
Has anyone done or doing a computer science degree at Kings? They say they don’t require further maths, but in reality how many students do they take without further maths for computer science.

ironically, I'm sat next to my flatmate who does computer science, she said it's a mix, some people take it without it, some do, but it's not a massive advantage as it's taught to you anyway. So it's helpful but not necessary. Hope that helps!
Reply 2970
Original post by fudgefight
ironically, I'm sat next to my flatmate who does computer science, she said it's a mix, some people take it without it, some do, but it's not a massive advantage as it's taught to you anyway. So it's helpful but not necessary. Hope that helps!

sorry to be a pain, but could i ask how she's finding it? I got an offer from kcl over the weekend but I've heard mixed opinions about their computer science course and the teaching etc haha :smile:
How many places are offered for Bsc computer science? Also can you ask your flat mate what he/she thinks they are looking for.
Original post by Maths geek 2020
How many places are offered for Bsc computer science? Also can you ask your flat mate what he/she thinks they are looking for.

I’m a GCSE student applying for Alevel. The Kings website says they accept Btech with a maths an Alevel. Please can you ask your flatmate if they really do have students with Btechs.
Original post by me1on
sorry to be a pain, but could i ask how she's finding it? I got an offer from kcl over the weekend but I've heard mixed opinions about their computer science course and the teaching etc haha :smile:

I'd like to know too! I've applied there and thinking of it as top choice but am not yet sure
Hello!

A 2021-candidate here.

I am writing here because you guys must know better than us:

does King send rejections all together or have you seen offers and rejection come at whatever time?

Also, are there Access students here? Did they ask you for predicted grades? xx
ive seen them release offers/rejections across a spread of dates (i applied for med last yr) and its acc really annoying, they gave me my outcome on the very last possible day set by UCAS to hear back.

Original post by think_patronus
Hello!

A 2021-candidate here.

I am writing here because you guys must know better than us:

does King send rejections all together or have you seen offers and rejection come at whatever time?

Also, are there Access students here? Did they ask you for predicted grades? xx
------
(edited 1 month ago)
You want to work in British politics? Why? I think you need to be British for those roles. I am sure you will improve your English skills in 3 years. There are international post grad students that are working right away. You might be surprised to know than In London there are more people from abroad than locals.
Original post by the_explorer
Hi

I will be an international student in the UK next year.My English level is sufficient to study at uni, but I'm afraid I'm not FLUENT enough to secure some internships in the future - let alone getting a good job in the UK after graduation.
The jobs I'll be looking for are in fields like finance,politics... where English is very important.

Is there anyone who had the same fears but managed to become fluent after a 3-year degree?How much will studying in the UK help me improve my English? (especially speaking skills...)
I've seen people strongly improve their English. My tips are 1. Get into a Hall/student accommodation 2. Do not spend too much time with your compatriots, mix well with native English speakers. 3. read George Orwell: an excellent prose writer (especially the non-fiction) the audio-books are even better.

Quick Reply

Latest