The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Undergraduate Applicants for 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I haven't gotten an acknowledgment email yet, did any of you get yours?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by punksofsuburbia

I got mine, but I also submitted Oct 2nd
When I applied last year (decided to take a gap year) I sent my application off on the 19th October 2019 and received an offer from Kings on the 25th October 2019. However, my offer came through an email telling me to check Kings portal and then updated hours later on UCAS.
Am hoping to study Medical Physiology
Currently studying biology, chemistry and psychology (predicted A*AA)
Any idea when I'll hear back? It's only been 3 days but I'm checking UCAS like there's no tomorrow 😂
From experience, don't check UCAS over the weekend as universities don't really send offers then. It also depends on the department - some departments will send out offers much quicker than others.

I haven't either and I applied on October 1st. Every time I try to call admissions I'm left on hold and then told the mailbox is full for the History department.
Original post by OliverJLondon
I haven't either and I applied on October 1st. Every time I try to call admissions I'm left on hold and then told the mailbox is full for the History department.

Wow, that's weird. Unless they are known to take really long. Then again, apparently some schools never send acknowledgment emails, but King's does because apparently you see your decision through King's portal and you can only create an account through their acknowledgment email.

I got my acknowledgment email over a week after I sent my application off...they seem to be slow so there’s no need to worry :smile:
Original post by MechDoge
guys do King's read Ps? I applied for International relations and History with a medicine PS

1) Why on Earth would you apply for IR and History if you're a medicine applicant?
2) In what world do universities, especially competitive ones like King's for IR, NOT read Personal Statements? If it isn't relative to the course at all (which medicine isn't), then they'll just bin it, regardless of the reference or grades.
Original post by Anonymous
1) Why on Earth would you apply for IR and History if you're a medicine applicant?
2) In what world do universities, especially competitive ones like King's for IR, NOT read Personal Statements? If it isn't relative to the course at all (which medicine isn't), then they'll just bin it, regardless of the reference or grades.

idk bro
guys do King's read Ps? I applied for International relations and History with a medicine PS

If I were you, I’d call ucas and literally revoke my application and try again
If I were you, I’d call ucas and literally revoke my application and try again

ok bro
idk bro

Well, I'm going to assume that you're trolling now
I'm applying to KCL, UCL, Imperial, Warwick and Queen Mary

Predicted grades: A*A*A- Maths and Economics A* and Physics A.

Course: Computer Science

Sent my UCAS Application on Oct 18th
Original post by MrDystopia
This thread is for everyone considering applying, or who has applied, to KCL for the September 2020 entry. Hopefully it can be a good hub for you to discuss any concerns, questions or anything else on your mind regarding the uni

I'm a KCL alumni (BSc and MSc) so if you have any general questions I can assist. Do bear in mind I won't be able to answer the vast majority of course specific questions. Those are better answered in the specific forums for whatever subject it is they concern. I may take a while responding given I work full time but nonetheless, feel free to fire away.

Useful links

KCL 2020 Undergraduate prospectus: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...rospectus.aspx

KCL Postgraduate portal: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/index.aspx

KCL Accommodation information: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/accommodation/index.aspx

KCL Fees and Funding information: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...ing/index.aspx

TSR UniMatch KCL database: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...london/courses

Hi, Kings was a last minute decision but I do think I can do it
I’m applying for Law LLB
I’m currently studying a CTEC in Applied Science and A Level Sociology with predictions D*DA*
My GCSE’s are ABBBBBB
Other choices are Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield

Not sure if I’ll go even if i get an offer but just want to see if I can get in
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello,

I applied to King's October 13th for the Medicine (A100) course. Could someone give me some guidance on my chances at getting in?

UCAT: 672.5 band 3
IB: 43/45 (40 without bonus points, this is approx. equivalent to 4A*)
PS: Shadowed at hospital, volunteer work in specialized school, reading, basketball commitment
Applied to Kings for Law with History (A*) Economics (A*), Politics (A) and already done my Business A Level and got an A. LNAT on the 22nd Oct and we will see after that! I also applied to Cambridge, LSE, Queen Mary and SOAS!
hello! i'm applying for classics :smile: i sent in my application on the 9th and got an acknowledgement email the day after i think (in any case king's was the first to acknowledge my application).. does anyone know when i might hear from them? (and also is classics particularly oversubscribed because i need to know if i stand a chance :redface:)
Original post by euphrosynay
hello! i'm applying for classics :smile: i sent in my application on the 9th and got an acknowledgement email the day after i think (in any case king's was the first to acknowledge my application).. does anyone know when i might hear from them? (and also is classics particularly oversubscribed because i need to know if i stand a chance :redface:)

Hi, not trying to be rude but I’m very curious, what do people do with a degree in Classics? Do you just study post grad and become teachers or like an author or something. I’m genuinely curious as when someone tells me they want to study English, Classics or History etc. I just think “so where r u gonna go with that?” Or are you not sure on your route yet?
Original post by nathan_nacu
Hi, not trying to be rude but I’m very curious, what do people do with a degree in Classics? Do you just study post grad and become teachers or like an author or something. I’m genuinely curious as when someone tells me they want to study English, Classics or History etc. I just think “so where r u gonna go with that?” Or are you not sure on your route yet?

that's okay! i do want to study postgrad (i'd probably do a master's and then make sure i have a job before doing a phd) but other than that i don't exactly know what i want to do; it may seem strange but i'm interested in cyber security and there are places that will accept or are looking for people with classics degrees :smile: if i can't do that, i may do a separate law qualification or train in a rare language for interpretation/analysis

Quick Reply

Latest